SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Remove Parkerizing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remove Parkerizing Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
Besides blasting, what is the best way to remove parkerizing from a magazine tube?

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly certain there is a chemical way to do it. Because I swear I saw it on this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@marknovak8255

Sorry, I don't remember the specific video, but if you don't know the channel, enjoy.

Depending on the part, and thickness of park, and whether you want to really go "to the white," the adding or removing of thousandths of inches may be an issue. All depends on the firearm.

Are you trying to repark, or finish in some other way?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I have an old 870 Wingmaster that I’m upgrading and bought a parkerized +3 extension but I’d like to have it blued to match or come close. I got a beat up 20inch barrel that I reblued with perms blue but turned out more black/dark gray than blue. I may try super blue on the magazine extension when it arrives.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post