SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Mosquito broken hammer return spring stud help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mosquito broken hammer return spring stud help Login/Join 
posted
Hi.....after having taken my German made Mosquito apart for cleaning....I started to assemble the 2 half's...when the stud that is cast into the right side for the hammer return spring broke clean off....of course this is the serial number side
Frown....

my question....do i send to Sig ? would they even replace the half with the same serial number?....the barrel and slide are numbered to gun

or do i epoxy it back on?

Thanks for any help/input
Al

"When it's over I want to hit the ground like a spent shell"
220 W German bought in Germany
226 W German bought in Germany
228 W German
232 SL
226 X5 9mm
226 X6 9mm

Posts: 91 | Location: ri | Registered: September 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
I would look at gunbroker for Firefly parts. You could probable get a frame for a reasonable price, if not a whole gun. I had my Mosquito go back a couple years ago for a slide crack, I got the impression they where working through their parts and then they would no longer be servicing the gun. (my slide came back silver instead of black, and they reinstalled the dam mag safety)

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post