SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    What size punch for LCI in P229 EE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What size punch for LCI in P229 EE Login/Join 
posted
I need to ID two tools to be used on the P229 EE.
1) The tool to remove the mag disco from the locking block.
2) The tool to remove the LCI pin.

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
The LCI should be 1/16 pin punch, the mag disconnect is either 1/16 or 1/32, can't recall which. If I remember correctly, it comes out pretty easy so anything that is small enough should push it out.

Not sure what you're intentions are, if you are just cleaning and reinstalling them is one thing, but if you don't want these features in your gun, you can't just remove them. You would need a different locking insert to get rid of the mag disconnect and you should replace the slide to get rid of the LCI.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what happens If they break and fall out, never to be found? Since these features are found on the guns sold in California, this has happened to many of the P229 P226 owners in CA. They all say gun works fine, probably even more reliable.

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Yes, the gun will likely work just fine, I can't say for certain as I don't own one with those features. As I understand it, removing those pieces will void the warranty. That doesn't happen if you replace the locking insert with one that does not have the mag disconnect, and or the slide with one that does not have the LCI.

Of course if you don't care about the warranty issue, none of that matters.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post