SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Stuck P365 slide? Another SIG Mechanics explanation and solution.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stuck P365 slide? Another SIG Mechanics explanation and solution. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
The linked video by SIG Mechanics explains how to release the slide of a P365 if it becomes stuck on the FCU due to a parts failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDOyS6Wa_6M

If you are not familiar with his videos about the P320 and P365, they provide excellent advice and demonstrations about the mechanical operations of the pistols.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago, I had a failure of RSA (the last coil on the RSA jumped over the adjacent coil) which completely locked up my slide. Since I couldn’t completely lock back the slide and disengage the takedown lever, my only option was to rip the slide, along with the FCU off the frame, manhandled it.

I have a spare niw RSA, installed it and immediately I couldn’t do a takedown. The slide was stuck like it the video. After a 30 minutes of messing with it. I finally figured out a way.

With my left palm over the slide, I retract the slide about 1/2” or so. While hold the slide back at this position, With my right thumb over the take down lever, I started working the lever back and forth about 10 times. You should feel the tension on the lever working against the RSA. After this, the slide came right off.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post