SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Can’t remove slide on P226 .22 conversion kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can’t remove slide on P226 .22 conversion kit Login/Join 
posted
I can’t take the slide off. Everything else works fine.

The takedown lever does not go past 90°. Any ideas?

I have a W German 226 in 9mm.

I also have the Gray Guns intermediate trigger installed (same as the Legion model)

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never mind. You have to give it a slight tug when releasing the slide after rotating the disassembly lever.

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedSoxMD:
Never mind. You have to give it a slight tug when releasing the slide after rotating the disassembly lever.

I believe this is covered in the manual.

Certified Glock, Sig Sauer Armorer
www.goingquiet.com - Stocking Silencerco, Gemtech, Sig Sauer and Rock River Arms
sales@goingquiet.com 321-917-0760

Posts: 432 | Location: Melbourne, FL | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Follow DansSIGS advice and you won't stress safety lever and associated components. With SRT installed, the safety lever can interfere with slide removal. Decocking as the slide comes forward to the in-battery position, lowers the safety lever to avoid that conflict. Same with putting slide back on, make sure hammer is forward.

This procedure is an amendment to the SIG manual.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post