SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Need help with P220 Carry SRT install.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with P220 Carry SRT install. Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
I've done this before on a P220 and it went fine. This one, however, is not working. The trigger doesn't always return after dry firing. And even when it does, the sear tab is making a click before dropping the hammer. I can't see any other way to install this, so I have no idea where I went wrong. Please see these two short videos of the problem and let me know what to do. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ture=em-upload_owner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ture=em-upload_owner

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
That happened when I put the SRT in my P229; I didn't have the hammer strut in properly, it was a tad to far forward.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I don't know how that can be. I've put 100 rds. through this at the range since I put the E2 grips and newer hammer strut and seat in. How is there any room for adjustment there?

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odds are you inadvertently bent the trigger bar spring (TBS) when installing/removing the E2 grips. It's very easy to do. I've installed/uninstalled E2 grips on my P226 and P229. Bent the spring on the P226 once and replaced it with a new TBS. Even a small,unobservable bend can screw up the return. You should always have a spare TBS just in case. I presume you have the newer TBS version with the relief coil.

After that I used a plastic shim between the TBS and E2 grip surface to prevent this when removing the E2 grips. Old credit card or piece of thin, stiff plastic. Can't recall, but I may have used a ship when reinstalling. Switched to G10's on both about five years ago. The E2's were grip sensitive for me.

EDITED:
OP, just recalled the P220 does not have the relief coil TBS like all the other classic P-series. May want to check anyway for bending. It's usually the coil that snags, so without one I dunno.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nipper,

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Well, that TBS spring is having a hard time staying in place now. The end that hooks in by the mag release plate keeps sinking down into the mag well. When I try to dry fire without the E2 grips on, the TBS tends to pop outward. With the grips back on, the trigger sometimes returns fully and sometimes not. It's intermittent and really frustrating. I'm wondering if the violence of live rounds at the range might straighten this out.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Well, that TBS spring is having a hard time staying in place now. The end that hooks in by the mag release plate keeps sinking down into the mag well. When I try to dry fire without the E2 grips on, the TBS tends to pop outward. With the grips back on, the trigger sometimes returns fully and sometimes not. It's intermittent and really frustrating. I'm wondering if the violence of live rounds at the range might straighten this out.[/QUOT

I have this, too. It always returns when live firing. I have changed the TBS but it still fails to return intermittently when dry firing.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post