SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    !! P226 Soft Hex Head Grips Screws !! SUCK !!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

!! P226 Soft Hex Head Grips Screws !! SUCK !! Login/Join 
Picture of FLKev
posted
ARGHHHHHHHHH! I read about the hex head screws for P226's being soft and stripping on removal and bought a set of TJ's supposedly custom Sig hex screws. Sure enough I put them on and didn't even fire the gun and they stripped into the frame. THEN I put the damn mag release detent in wrong (knew not to do this too) so it's locked into the frame too! It's gonna be a long evening removing both of these 2 stupid things I did to myself.

Just a reminder to save some of you some time... "knowing is only half the battle" You have to remember and follow what you know -- LoL

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 548 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I'm not aware of any "SIG" hex-head grip screws. Hoque makes some, and they are indeed soft. I have returned to using SIG factory slotted screws in all of my SIG pistols.

Posts: 6771 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on using simple OEM slotted screws from Sig. I’ve never had a problem with them on the 226. No need for a thread locker. They just work.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
I'm not aware of any "SIG" hex-head grip screws. Hoque makes some, and they are indeed soft. I have returned to using SIG factory slotted screws in all of my SIG pistols.

They were some supposed "upgrades" from TJ's grip screws. I like the look of hex but I also put the factory slotted ones back in. I do have the Hogue chromed ones in a few of my pistols and have had no issues at all with those. I needed black for a 226 and couldn't find them, just the chrome ones from Hogue

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 548 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
+1 on using simple OEM slotted screws from Sig. I’ve never had a problem with them on the 226. No need for a thread locker. They just work.

AGREED

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried these titanium grip screws personally, but I did bookmark the website when the last thread on grip screws was active.

Link: https://ticonnector.com/

Look at the "Handgun Grip Screws" section viewable from the home page.
Machined from Ti6al4v titanium (premium material) then anodized.
Also uses T15 Torx drive instead of an Allen wrench, so somewhat less likely to strip out the head when torqueing.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1487 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
I haven't tried these titanium grip screws personally, but I did bookmark the website when the last thread on grip screws was active.

Link: https://ticonnector.com/

I just ordered a few sets THANKS!!!!!!!! I'll let everyone know how they work out. They look AWESOME!!

Look at the "Handgun Grip Screws" section viewable from the home page.
Machined from Ti6al4v titanium (premium material) then anodized.
Also uses T15 Torx drive instead of an Allen wrench, so somewhat less likely to strip out the head when torqueing.