SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Will a P226 40 slide fit on a P226 9mm frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a P226 40 slide fit on a P226 9mm frame Login/Join 
posted
Here's the question:

I have a P226 in 9mm and wondered if a P226 slide in 40 S&W will fit and function.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Posts: 26 | Location: California | Registered: September 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sndbggr1484:
Here's the question:

I have a P226 in 9mm and wondered if a P226 slide in 40 S&W will fit and function.

Thanks for any help you can offer

I did just that. I had a .357SIG slide and bought a stainless P226 9mm. The slide would not go on the German made parts frame. After buying a couple more .40s I found a slide that would fit the stainless German frame.
I have a very nice $2500 .357 with a stainless frame and two extra P226s in 40S&W

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sndbggr1484:

In general, yes, but there may be specific exceptions as fjgiie mentioned. I was unable to put a 9mm P226 slide on a 357/40 P226ST frame because of the thickness of the latter’s rails. If I were pursuing the project, I’d make sure I had the right to return the 40 slide if it didn’t fit.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help. I don't know why I figured it would be an easy swap when things are mass produced and wear on tooling makes changes in dimensions.
What a great idea to have a gun in 2 calibers with just a simple swap of a slide. Even better having a P229 and being able to change from a 40 S&W to 357 Sig by just changing out a barrel. I was thinking along the lines of the US Military and rebuilding of the 1911 pistol but they had so many parts to choose from to make a good fit.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

Posts: 26 | Location: California | Registered: September 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have a no rail .40 that has also had on it:
.22 conversion kit
Folded slide 9mm upper
Milled stainless 9mm upper

All have been flawless in function and fit for all has been fine.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15491 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjohn
posted Hide Post
I have a 226ST in 357Sig.

I bought a Sig 40S&W barrel, a 9mm Barsto conversion barrel and a Sig 22lr conversion kit. A 4 in 1. Smile

Record keeping is a nightmare even with Excel

Posts: 1465 | Location: Sandbox City VA | Registered: September 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post