SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P227 SRT and Firing Pin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P227 SRT and Firing Pin Login/Join 
posted
Hello all,

Just bought my second Sig-a P227 - and installed an SRT like I have in my 226. A little tricky but I got it in and it seems to work, but I have a question about the firing pin. Just how doe this work? If I push on the rear of the pin, the front of the pin does not come out into the chamber. The SRT part seems to work OK. Ideas? Thanks.

Posts: 52 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
All SIGs have a firing pin safety block that must be depressed for the firing pin to move forward. That's the job of the safety lever. It sounds like you did not do that. To test it manually, remove the slide and depress the little button at the rear of the slide while also pushing in the firing pin. (Disregard the red arrow pointing to the hardness mark.)

FiringPinBlock by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GaryBF

Tried it and it works great. Thanks so much.

Posts: 52 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post