SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Help With P238 Ambidextrous Safety Question....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help With P238 Ambidextrous Safety Question.... Login/Join 
posted
I've bought my wife a P238, and she's a lefty. I want her to have the thumb safety best located for his shooting grip, and therefore want to buy an "ambidextrous" safety for a left handed shooter. After looking at the Numrich parts list, I'm not clear on where I need to buy just the "right ambidextrous" unit or what? Thanks for your help.

George

Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on 9/11

Posts: 98 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Best way to ensure you get the correct on would be to call Sig customer service.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
You only need two parts.

1) A P938 ambi safety lever

2) A P938 hammer pivot pin

Both are inexpensive from SIG. Be sure to specify black or silver.

Install is easy. Field strip and hammer full forward. When swinging safety lever up to vertical to remove, "cover" safety lever index plunger and spring so it doesn't launch (or do in plastic bag). Remove safety lever.

You should be able to push decocked hammer straight down with thumb to remove hammer pivot pin and install new one. Assembly in reverse.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback.....

Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on 9/11

Posts: 98 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker2713:
Thanks for the feedback.....

You might consider trying for a trade in the classified, there's always a number of P938 owners who want to go the other way and have a single sided safety lever.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post