SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Adding a manual safety to your P320 fire control unit that’s not currently compatible with a safety.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adding a manual safety to your P320 fire control unit that’s not currently compatible with a safety. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
The linked video shows where to get a template and cutters kit to modify a P320 FCU that’s not already compatible with a manual safety to accept a safety, and provides full instructions on how to use the kit.

As usual with all of SIG MECHANICS’ videos, this one is clear and fully detailed, and I highly recommend taking a look at it if you’re interested in a DYI project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zemqe3gMqJs

As I side note I understand that there is at least one company that will perform a similar modification so you don’t have to do it yourself.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I completely trusted my collection of 320s (AXG Classic for fancy occasions, mix and match full size and compacts for tactical and less than ideal conditions), and my 365 (which goes everywhere), I decided to add the manual safety to all of them. My retirement job includes dealing with prisoners much more than I'm used to, including excruciating elevator rides that seem to last for hours. I am well aware of weapons retention tactics and positioning, but I wanted a little bit more.

AB Prototypes did my conversions to manual safety with about a one week turnaround. The work looks great and the function is perfect. I'm extremely pleased with their work and with the functions of the manual safeties.

Again, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the my 320s. I just wanted the added safety feature for the conditions I'm in. I believe the 320 platform is the best thing to come along in a long time.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted by MC3072:
AB Prototypes did my conversions to manual safety with about a one week turnaround. The work looks great and the function is perfect. I'm extremely pleased with their work and with the functions of the manual safeties.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AB Prototype is a great Company to deal

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I also had AB Prototype add the manual safety to my Gen 1, post-voluntary upgrade P320 FCU.

I checked AB Protype's price for the CNC-machine cut, it's $55. Sig Mechanics' P320 Manual Safety Jig Kit is $50.

I'm sure there are others here who's skills with a Dremel are much better than mine. I prefer the precision of a CNC machine cut personally and will pay the extra $5.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post