SIGforum
Machinist wanted!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/1400090394

July 01, 2022, 08:30 AM
KSGM
Machinist wanted!
I am confident there are some squared-away machinists on SIGforum. My local guy has semi-retired; he's still willing to work on stuff for me, but he takes his time. Another local resource prioritizes large orders, and is only willing to work on special projects in the absence of those big orders. A third local resource is a good friend who just isn't as advanced as is necessary for many projects.

All that being said, I am hoping there is a member here who may be willing to work with me in prototyping various parts. I can produce amateur technical drawings, and have communicated enough with machinists to be able to convey my intent pretty effectively. I suppose our business would be largely conducted through the mail and email, out of necessity. Considering my dealings with folks up to this point, I am acquainted with the cost typically associated with such services, and I am very easy to deal with, in that regard, and will likely be a regular customer.

I look forward to talking to anyone who may be able and willing to help me.
July 01, 2022, 09:37 PM
vthoky
I'd be interested in seeing if I could help you.

I can get around the mill a bit; one of my pals at work is way good with mill and lathe and is very "like minded."

My email's in my profile.

God bless America.
July 02, 2022, 07:07 AM
marksman41
I didn't want to speak for you, vthoky, but I was hoping you'd respond to KSGM's request. Smile

Good luck on this and I hope it works out for you both!

July 02, 2022, 10:03 AM
vthoky
Looking forward to helping!

God bless America.