SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    220 Slides
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 Slides Login/Join 
posted
Can I put a newer stainless slide on an older 220 frame that originally came with a carbon steel slide? Would it be safe? Would it even fit?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have done just this. I didn't have any problems. Mind you this was 94 vintage P220 & the stainless slide was from 06 time frame.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If the slide fits and functions properly there’s no reason it would be unsafe.

The one piece stainless slide is actually better for the aluminum frame because it doesn’t have a separate breechblock that must be held tightly to prevent the slide from flexing and putting additional stress on the frame. (That’s why the breechblock retaining pins in older slides should be replaced at least every 5000 rounds.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you. Now to find one.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post