SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Can an P226 slide SA only work on an P226 DA/SA frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can an P226 slide SA only work on an P226 DA/SA frame? Login/Join 
posted
Hi everyone.
I planning to buy an upper of Sig P226 Legion 9mm SA only and used it on my P226 Legion 40 S W DA/SA. Is it work or not?
Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andy1972,

Posts: 219 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
If you already own a P226 Legion DA/SA, why do you need a second slide?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit confused by what you are trying to accomplish by swapping slides. If you are trying to convert a SIG P226 DA/SA to SAO operation with a slide swap then no, it won't work.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the confusion...
My P226 Legion is 40 s w caliber with DA/SA, the one I bought is an upper came off from a p226 Legion 9mm SA only. My question is can I interchange and use that Upper from an SA only on my which is DA/SA.
I know I can interchange an upper with 9mm on an 40 s w frame, it might not reliable but I only use at the range...
Thanks Modern Day Savage for the information.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Ahh ok, so you are trying to do a caliber change using a SAO upper and a DA/SA lower.

I would assume that from a dimensional stand point a P226 slide and frame should mate. But I don't own any SAO SIGs and haven't examined a P226 SAO slide to know if there are any other mechanical differences that would prevent it from working on a DA/SA frame...so I don't know the answer to your question.

If no one is able to answer your question here you might consider referencing a parts diagram and list.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the range in Friday test fire. It works like a normal P226 9mm when I swap the SA upper 9mm on to my Legion 40 S&W caliber. Now I got two calibers in one gun

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that report. Something good to know.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
First time I've read of this being done so thanks for the follow-up!

posted Hide Post
I swap slides (within a caliber) all the time as some are milled, some have certain sights, etc. DAK/DASA/SAO lower never makes a difference. I have tried doing caliber exchanges only once (9mm to .40 on a DASA lower) and it didn't work. I've heard mostly success stories like this from others but it is possible it won't work.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post