SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Question about Texas Constitutional Carry Bill (HB 1927)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Texas Constitutional Carry Bill (HB 1927) Login/Join 
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted
I'm curious if anyone here has studied the text of this bill. I can't find where the licensing requirement is actually repealed. There is plenty of modified language but the references to licensing hasn't been removed.

Open carry seems to be made allowable in Section 21, which amends Sections 46.02 of the Texas Penal Code to add section a-5, provided that a holster is used.

In short, I see a provision allowing open carry without a license, but not concealed carry without a license.

Text here:
https://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB1927/2021

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
mosquito, you may find this hard to believe, but I thought about you the other day. It's been ages.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
mosquito, you may find this hard to believe, but I thought about you the other day. It's been ages.

It really has. When I started my current job 16 years ago I lost the ability to be as connected online as much during the day. I have quite a bit more leeway now, though and still pop in from time to time. Mostly just to read.

I hope you have been doing well. I definitely miss the fun of Sigforum, and need to plug back in more.

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I'll forward a fairly extensive guide published by US Lawshield via the email in your profile.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to Sept 1. I let my CCW expire about 10 years ago after my job was eliminated. Money was tight.Texas had also just passed a law that you could have a hand gun in your vehicle as long as it was concealed.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post