SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds. Login/Join 
posted
WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds passed the senate.
It’s now headed to the house.

Please follow the instructions given by the NRA to record your opposition prior to the 16th:

Please, record your opposition for the record (does not require testimony):

1. Go to: https://app.leg.wa.gov/csi/house
2. Select - Committee: Civil Rights & Judiciary and Meetings: 2/16/22 at 10:00AM
3. Select Agenda Item: ESSB 5078 Large capacity magazines
4. Select Type of Testimony: "I would like my position noted for the legislative record"
5. Select: "CON

Posts: 11 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onni:
WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds passed the senate.
It’s now headed to the house.

Please follow the instructions given by the NRA to record your opposition prior to the 16th:

Please, record your opposition for the record (does not require testimony):

1. Go to: https://app.leg.wa.gov/csi/house
2. Select - Committee: Civil Rights & Judiciary and Meetings: 2/16/22 at 10:00AM
3. Select Agenda Item: ESSB 5078 Large capacity magazines
4. Select Type of Testimony: "I would like my position noted for the legislative record"
5. Select: "CON

I've got a sister who lives in WA, although she wishes she didn't, and I will be sending to her as well! Thanks for sharing.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Well they did it, in the middle of the night at the last minute because they're a bunch of cowardly assfuckers.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Washington and Oregon have been in a competition to see which can be the first to out-California California. Washington is in the lead.

On the lighter side, I heard the best news in months on the local news last night: The current legislative session has ended.

Posts: 7258 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Well they did it, in the middle of the night at the last minute because they're a bunch of cowardly assfuckers.

Yep. And on a Friday night, too. They have all weekend to celebrate how they stopped mass shootings. God, I fucking hate the politics in this state.

Posts: 17098 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Cocksuckers, go go gadget credit card. Mad

Posts: 9950 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Former Pac NW resident here, I am SOOOOO glad to have left that feces filled state!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

Cocksuckers is a poor insult, they're actually interested in their partner's pleasure. These are buttfuckers, they don't care if you're having fun, or if it hurts even, as long as they get theirs.

But yes, the credit card is gonna get a good workout over the next 100 or so days.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

Yeah. My wife is going to be thrilled. "But look on the bright side: as long as we live here, I'm never buying magazines again. I flat fucking refuse to buy ten round mags for anything that takes a fifteen or thirty as standard."

Let's see. I need Sig P226 mags since I just picked one up, I need more M14 magazines, I can always use more AR mags, and I'd like to own a CZ TS2 or TSO at some point, so I better grab some for that also. I guess I'll be listing a shit ton of stuff on Waguns and Sigforum.

Posts: 17098 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A good friend wanted to live near me, so he offered me an acre of his on Whidbey Island for $40K to build a house on around 20 years ago.

I thought Washington was becoming Californicated so I declined, thank God.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Between this and OKAY's decision to quit manufacturing AR mags, there's likely to be a bit of a run on them soon. I did the "buy cheap and stack deep" thing on magazines for a couple years after the post-Newtown panic finally died out, so I'll pass on this one. Leave more for you Washington guys (although I fully expect Oregon to try for a similar law when the next session gets going).

Posts: 7258 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really don't fucking care what these asshole ban or not ban will not comply I have enough of ar mag.
Start planning to leave this fucking state in 5 years.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
We just moved my mother in law into assisted living for dementia.

My guess is she will only be with us for another 4-5 years. Once she passes, we will be fleeing this place as well.

Of course Sig just announced the P322 so the rush is on to see if I can get ahold of one before the July 1 deadline.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10922 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
And as a “FUCK YOU!” to insleeze, I just got Magguts kits to turn my P365 10 round mags into 12 rounders!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10922 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
And as a “FUCK YOU!” to insleeze, I just got Magguts kits to turn my P365 10 round mags into 12 rounders!

Well done! Well done, indeed! Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to find some 15 round Hi-Power mags, and 18 rounders for my 226, but they're seemingly sold out. Makes me wonder just how many thousands upon thousands of new magazines have poured, and will continue to pour in until the July 1st deadline.

quote:

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
All they manage to do is sell a fuck-ton of magazines; most people I know are stocking up. No need here.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing more than "Feel good" legislation. Won't do anything to deter crime but Democrats believe it does feel good to do something to try to lower shooting statistics.

The Biden crime bill in the late '90's had the same magazine restriction.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Just paid market asking price on a 223 Valmet magazine. Was really hoping to pick a couple up on the sly, but I need at least one. Frown

Posts: 9950 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
[...]18 rounders for my 226, but they're seemingly sold out.

Yeah, I went looking for some also a few weeks back and had no luck. When I told a friend about this ban and said there was going to be a run on magazines, he said something along the lines of "it's one state, there's not going to be a national shortage." Sure enough, all kinds of stuff is now hard to find.

When I stocked up on P90 magazines about three years ago, they were $25 a pop. I bought a dozen. Now they're $50. Usually I'm the one playing catch-up and paying panic prices, so I feel good about that at least.