This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/3980083994

March 14, 2023, 10:24 AM
RichardC
Today, March 14, 2023: "Biden's" proposed executive order
https://www.thetruthaboutguns....ecutive-order-today/

Biden to Announce Backdoor Universal Background Check Executive Order Today
By Staff Writer -March 14, 2023
"Today, in Monterey Park, California, President Biden will announce an Executive Order with the goal of increasing the number of background checks conducted before firearm sales, moving the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation. The Executive Order will also keep more guns out of dangerous hands by increasing the effective use of “red flag” laws, strengthen efforts to hold the gun industry accountable, and accelerate law enforcement efforts to identify and apprehend the shooters menacing our communities. President Biden is also encouraging the Federal Trade Commission to issue a public report analyzing how gun manufacturers market firearms to minors."

Remember when the tin foil hatters thought .gov was buying up ammo to keep it away from the citizenry? Unfounded conspiracy theory!! (?)

I found this to be interesting:

Use the Department of Defense’s acquisition of firearms to further firearm and public safety practices. The Department of Defense buys a large number of firearms and other weapons to protect and serve our country. The President is directing the Secretary of Defense to develop and implement principles to further firearm and public safety practices through Department of Defense acquisition of firearms, consistent with applicable law.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

March 14, 2023, 07:36 PM
Rightwire
Point of order.... how does a President use an Executive order to change/modify/add legislation?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
March 14, 2023, 08:41 PM
95flhr
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Point of order.... how does a President use an Executive order to change/modify/add legislation?

No one in congress seems to want to stop it, therefore it becomes reality.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart
March 15, 2023, 08:29 AM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I seem to remember President Trump putting out a particular Executive Order, and JB howling about it. And now JB does the very same thing he complained about someone else doing. Roll Eyes

God bless America.
March 15, 2023, 08:45 AM
gearhounds
Fucking fascist traitor. Once that pesky 2nd Amendment is out of the mix, the way is paved to finish doing away with the 1st.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
March 15, 2023, 08:53 AM
parabellum
It might be a good idea to read that article before commenting. Don't "scan" it, don't take someone else's word and jump on the outrage train. Read the article, please.

It's toothless election propaganda

"Biden to Announce Backdoor Universal Background Check Executive Order Today"

I've come to expect this kind of sensationalist crap from that website. My preference would be for us to get our firearms legislation news elsewhere. There are plenty of other sources, ones which won't mislead you with a bid for web traffic by playing on the fears of gunowners.
March 15, 2023, 12:59 PM
JohnP292
I agree with Parabellum. This was a nothingburger. I don't expect it to have any change in my gun-buying experience. But, hey, maybe I should go buy another Sig just to prove to myself that I'm right! Wink
March 15, 2023, 02:01 PM
RichardC
I should have referenced directly to links outside that website article.

here is a link to the whitehouse.gov "Fact Sheet" premonitioning the executive order:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...r-communities-safer/

Here is a link to the as-issued executive order from whitehouse.gov :

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...r-communities-safer/

March 15, 2023, 04:30 PM
parabellum
Regardless of the source, it's still a bunch of nothing.
quote:
Increase the number of background checks by ensuring that all background checks required by law are conducted before firearm purchases, moving the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation.
This is not "moving the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation." All it's saying is that existing laws regarding background checks should be followed, by "directing the Attorney General to do everything he can to ensure that firearms sellers who do not realize they are required to run background checks under existing law, or who are willfully violating existing law, become compliant with background check requirements."

Nothing. It's nothing, and that website is sensationalizing this nothing to try to increase traffic on its site, and that is about one thing only: ad revenue for its owners.

Even the good part of it is nothing:
quote:
Address the loss or theft of firearms during shipping. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) data indicates an over 250% increase in the number of firearms reported as lost or stolen during shipment between federally licensed firearms dealers, from roughly 1,700 in 2018 to more than 6,100 in 2022. President Biden is directing the Secretary of Transportation, in consultation with the Department of Justice, to work to reduce the loss or theft of firearms during shipment and to improve reporting of such losses or thefts, including by engaging with carriers and shippers.
The Secretary of Transportation. Pete Buttbanger, useless beyond description. Given his utter incompetence, if he gets off his lazy, stretched-out ass at all and touches this issue, gun thefts will probably go up.

Show me one thing in all of that propaganda that will further impede our rights as gun owners.
March 15, 2023, 05:33 PM
RichardC
I acquiesce. Sorry for the sensationalism.