SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Texas speaker Dennis Bonner screws Texas gun owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas speaker Dennis Bonner screws Texas gun owners Login/Join 
posted
Dennis Bonner campaigned on pro 2A legislation but appointed two of the most anti-gun liberals to the two house committees that deal with gun legislation. Texas is going backwards apparently in the 2019 lege. I'm just now getting caught up on what's going on in this session, but it ain't good from what I'm reading so far. Texas is going in the wrong direction at both the local and federal level.

I'm disgusted with all politicians and especially those with an R by their name.

I've certainly taken our state level politics for granted, especially on 2A issues, but we are being sold out. Time for us Texas gun owners to WTFU.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Dennis Bonner campaigned on pro 2A legislation but appointed two of the most anti-gun liberals to the two house committees that deal with gun legislation. Texas is going backwards apparently in the 2019 lege. I'm just now getting caught up on what's going on in this session, but it ain't good from what I'm reading so far. Texas is going in the wrong direction at both the local and federal level.

I'm disgusted with all politicians and especially those with an R by their name.

I've certainly taken our state level politics for granted, especially on 2A issues, but we are being sold out. Time for us Texas gun owners to WTFU.

I don't, in any way, mean to be rude... but take a look around. Hell, just scan through the Gun Control Discussion forum over the last year and especially since January of this year. Ignoring the other bad legislation for a moment, just scan around and take notice of the various pernicious anti-2A legislation being slammed through the various Democrat controlled legislatures.

I've noted Texans, for several years now, pointing out how 2A friendly and generally conservative or right leaning Texas is while criticizing other states suffering under the "Blue Wave" of Democrat controlled legislatures and all the gun control bills being pushed through. But it's vital to realize that while Senator Ted Cruz won his re-election bid he didn't win it by as large a margin as he had previously. Quite a few Texas cities are Democrat controlled. Texas is in the cross-hairs of the Democrats as a trophy target.

Today, right this very moment, Texans enjoy a fairly gun friendly government, but several other states used to enjoy the same thing...until Democrat controlled legislatures took over.

What we are seeing across the country is a coordinated assault by the Democrats, at both the federal and state level, on 2A and other issues and now would be a fine time for Texans to stop being complacent, wake up, and get in the fight.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post