SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    New Mexico HB 156
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico HB 156 Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
HB156 - POSSESSION OF LARGE CAPACITY GUN MAGAZINE
This bill arbitrarily limits magazine capacity to 15 rounds and has no grandfather clause. You would have to surrender it, glue a block in it to limit it to 15 rounds, or be a potential felon. It is not clear if there would be a buyback, but a fiscal appropriation accompanies this bill.

Along with 1.3 million dollars to enforce.
Another ridiculous law.
Hopefully it doesn't pass.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That's all we need in this state after they got universal background checks and red flag laws. FUCK the governor.

Plus, what they hell do they think they can do with 1.3 million to "enforce"? They won't be paying me a visit to check in my safe for that much.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I believe HB 156 was tabled in committee by a unanimous vote. They may try to rewrite it for the 60 day session next year. Still there are other anti-gun bills still floating around.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Mexico is a beautiful place. Too bad it’s leadership is not too swift.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post