SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Next time a progressive/ liberal tells you the 2nd Amendment is all about the National guard....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Next time a progressive/ liberal tells you the 2nd Amendment is all about the National guard.... Login/Join 
posted
10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, reading that, no one 45 or over are members of the militia? Bummer.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Heller put that argument to bed in 2008. Anyone still making it is hopelessly out of touch and can be ignored.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Is this verbatim including punctuation? (a) reads a little ambiguous to me. (2) reads like conflicting definition.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Is this verbatim including punctuation? (a) reads a little ambiguous to me. (2) reads like conflicting definition.

You can read it right here:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

Doesn’t seem ambiguous at all.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226collector:
10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

You missed one:
(3) All Flowmax Fighters regardless of age

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
When that was written, 45 years old was old age, thus not members of the militia.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
RED - Retired Extremely Dangerous Big Grin

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"I AM GETTIN' THE PIG!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Heller put that argument to bed in 2008. Anyone still making it is hopelessly out of touch and can be ignored.

I throat-punch them (in my mind).

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post