SIGforum
Next time a progressive/ liberal tells you the 2nd Amendment is all about the National guard....

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/2280096194

May 01, 2022, 07:33 PM
P226collector
Next time a progressive/ liberal tells you the 2nd Amendment is all about the National guard....
10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
May 01, 2022, 08:19 PM
Dwill104
So, reading that, no one 45 or over are members of the militia? Bummer.
May 03, 2022, 05:31 PM
jhe888
Heller put that argument to bed in 2008. Anyone still making it is hopelessly out of touch and can be ignored.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 04, 2022, 02:57 PM
konata88
Is this verbatim including punctuation? (a) reads a little ambiguous to me. (2) reads like conflicting definition.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
May 04, 2022, 05:46 PM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Is this verbatim including punctuation? (a) reads a little ambiguous to me. (2) reads like conflicting definition.

You can read it right here:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

Doesn’t seem ambiguous at all.
May 12, 2022, 03:32 PM
wrightd
quote:
Originally posted by P226collector:
10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

You missed one:
(3) All Flowmax Fighters regardless of age

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
May 12, 2022, 04:09 PM
Flash-LB
When that was written, 45 years old was old age, thus not members of the militia.
May 12, 2022, 06:27 PM
HRK
RED - Retired Extremely Dangerous Big Grin

May 18, 2022, 08:07 PM
sigmonkey
"I AM GETTIN' THE PIG!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
May 20, 2022, 10:20 AM
RichardC
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Heller put that argument to bed in 2008. Anyone still making it is hopelessly out of touch and can be ignored.

I throat-punch them (in my mind).