SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Frequent delays and request for address on NICS checks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frequent delays and request for address on NICS checks Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
I haven’t bought a gun for a few months, gasp!
Bought a shotgun on Saturday, and the clerk told me I’d probably get delayed.
I know the shop well, he told me they have seen almost 100% delays in the last couple weeks.

Typically they get a call in 15 minutes, asked if it was a gun show and for the address of the buyer?!?!

I checked with a couple other local stores , they are seeing similar transactions.

Doesn’t this seem like a trumped up way to build a “database”

No rhyme or reason as far as type of gun etc, just a lot higher percentage of delays

I’ve purchased a lot of guns over the years, and assumed I’d get delayed based on that possibly, but I proceeded immediately, as I’ve always done.

Let’s say I buy 2 more long guns this month , if all of a sudden I get delayed does that mean they are now keeping and tracking that info ?

I won’t buy multiple handguns any more, and I’ve seen some Smith collections at Cabelas that I’ve considered it before, but not with the new reporting requirements on multiple handguns.

Anyone else heard or see this ?
Obviously part of Bidens new push to combat trafficking, but seems they are applying a prett LT heavy hand

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also had a delay recently, it has never happened to me before.
When I was telling them that it has never happened before he told me 75% have been coming back delay lately, so yes I do believe this is part of the new database thing.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 296 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post