SIGforum
WA State AWB HB 1240 is now law and in full effect. Lawsuits seeking injunctions have been filed.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/2120012994

March 06, 2023, 08:32 PM
grumpy1
WA State AWB HB 1240 is now law and in full effect. Lawsuits seeking injunctions have been filed.
WOW, looks like Washington State is going to try and sneak in an AWB HB1240 in short order and make it effective immediately like happened here in Illinois. Videos below by Washington Gun Law explains it well.

https://legiscan.com/WA/text/HB1240/id/2631649

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,
March 07, 2023, 11:51 AM
airsoft guy
There's another $300 on my credit card.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
March 07, 2023, 03:06 PM
grumpy1
If the proposed AWB is similar to the one in Illinois it will also ban "attachments" whatever that means. I tried for the fun of it ordering an upper from a few websites including PA and PSA and neither would ship that to Illinois nor would they ship a BCG! Illinois AWB also applies to semi automatic 22 rimfire firearms that accept detachable magazines plus one other "feature" such as thumbhole stock, adjustable stock, threaded barrel, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,
March 09, 2023, 02:23 AM
airsoft guy
Passed the House, now on to the Senate. These "people" can get fucked until the dick hits sunlight.

quote:
March 09, 2023, 02:58 AM
tomgun
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Passed the House, now on to the Senate. These "people" can get fucked until the dick hits sunlight.

This exactly! Fuck these commies running this state. I don’t want to leave but I’m afraid that’s what it’s come to.
March 09, 2023, 07:25 AM
P220 Smudge
I’m hope it comes up short of votes.

March 09, 2023, 01:16 PM
Orive 8
I grew up in WA and lived there for 30 years of my life. I read this stuff and shake my head, angrily. Mad Fing Lee-Bore-Al scum!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
March 09, 2023, 01:23 PM
911Boss
They got their long sought after mag restrictions and are now hooked on quenching the never ending thirst for power and control.

I really wish elected officials could be held personally liable for enacting laws that are found to be unconstitutional. Maybe then these urchins would think twice when they got hit with consequences.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

March 11, 2023, 06:56 PM
hrcjon
they can according to Jane Fonda...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
March 12, 2023, 05:57 AM
sgalczyn
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:
quote:

This exactly! Fuck these commies running this state. I don’t want to leave but I’m afraid that’s what it’s come to.

And what happens when you run out of places to run too?
Fight back now and end this!

"No matter where you go - there you are"
March 16, 2023, 08:49 AM
Z06
I moved to WA in '71 from CA. After 30 years I got out in '01. WA has gone downhill so much since then. Disgusting.

March 16, 2023, 11:37 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

Yeah? Get back to me when your corner of Appalachia is overrun with the whole nation's junkies, and you can't walk through Allentown without stepping in human shit. Give us your opinion when they're putting a safe injection site in Kutztown. You know, the one taking up the whole of Practice Field by Andre Reed Stadium, which is just a sea of "tents" made out of tarps and cardboard boxes and smells like a coastal sewage treatment plant in high summer at low tide. It's for their safety, after all. The guy who busted into your car three times this month really shouldn't have to die just because someone gave him some dope cut with Chinese fentanyl, right?

It's not just the gun laws, man. Do you think people haven't been fighting back? I can tell you I didn't just give up and decide to live in the pile of shit the majority decided to turn my little slice of heaven into. I did the only thing left I could control: I took my family and got out.

This forum, I swear. When it's not people saying we must want it that way since we voted for it, it's people saying we can't just cut and run because it's going to be that way everywhere. Which is it? How about this: You worry about where you live and let people make their own decisions on what they're willing to put up with where they live. Everyone here's got a fucking opinion on what those of us who live or lived behind enemy lines in states like New York, California, and now Washington should do. Until you've lived there for, oh a decade, I don't think anyone who has put in that kind of tenure really cares what someone from Appalachia or somewhere in Tennessee or Kentucky thinks.

March 17, 2023, 12:16 AM
lunchbox
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

Yeah? Get back to me when your corner of Appalachia is overrun with the whole nation's junkies, and you can't walk through Allentown without stepping in human shit. Give us your opinion when they're putting a safe injection site in Kutztown. You know, the one taking up the whole of Practice Field by Andre Reed Stadium, which is just a sea of "tents" made out of tarps and cardboard boxes and smells like a coastal sewage treatment plant in high summer at low tide. It's for their safety, after all. The guy who busted into your car three times this month really shouldn't have to die just because someone gave him some dope cut with Chinese fentanyl, right?

It's not just the gun laws, man. Do you think people haven't been fighting back? I can tell you I didn't just give up and decide to live in the pile of shit the majority decided to turn my little slice of heaven into. I did the only thing left I could control: I took my family and got out.

This forum, I swear. When it's not people saying we must want it that way since we voted for it, it's people saying we can't just cut and run because it's going to be that way everywhere. Which is it? How about this: You worry about where you live and let people make their own decisions on what they're willing to put up with where they live. Everyone here's got a fucking opinion on what those of us who live or lived behind enemy lines in states like New York, California, and now Washington should do. Until you've lived there for, oh a decade, I don't think anyone who has put in that kind of tenure really cares what someone from Appalachia or somewhere in Tennessee or Kentucky thinks.

I agree with this statement 100%. I’ve lived in Washington all of my 42 years and it breaks my heart to see what the leftists have done to this state. I live in one of the reddest counties and somehow in the last election we got ourselves a democrat congresswoman, wtf? My guess is it was illegitimate or the massive influx of retards moving up from portland because Portland is now Gotham.

I love it here and I’ve tried to fight but there’s no more fight for this shit left in me. The ruling class of this state despises people like me and are doing everything in their power to make it a miserable place for people like me. I grew up in longview in the 80’s and 90’s, it was a nice place and very safe. When I was 8 years old I would ride my bike 7 miles into down town (we technically lived outside of the city) and buy rc car parts. I’m 42 now and I don’t think I’d want to make that same bike ride let alone let a 8 year old do it. Longview is a small town that used to be great but it’s patterned its politics after that of Portland OR. More is done to cater to homeless junky zombies than is done to cater to the tax payers. It’s like that almost everywhere. The stories of sidewalks covered in shit is 100% true. The lake park in longview is its crown jewel, a nicer park than anything in the state, it’s now full of human shit, needles everywhere and homeless zombies. One of those fuckers exposed themselves and started jacking off to my wife and her friend while they sat on a bench to eat lunch three years ago, that mother fucker is lucky I wasn’t around.

I have to disconnect the starter solenoid when I park my truck in the woods or it will get stolen for fuck sakes!

I did some business with a contractor in Seattle, supplied material and parts for a civil engineering project. I had to fill out a form for the city of Seattle that asked my race and the race and gender of all my employees before the city of Seattle would pay me. This came AFTER i sent them the invoice, I would have no quoted it otherwise. I told them to get fucked and to keep their money. That order was $40k and I’m nothing close to a rich man. This type of shit is spreading all over the state, I can either cave and play their racist games ot move, which would all of you choose? I’m getting the fuck out, it will take a few years but it’s going to happen.
March 17, 2023, 03:03 AM
tomgun
Y’all have said it better than I can, and I totally agree with you.
I’m working nights in felony way and it’s a hell hole. At our transportation/maintenance building the zombies are all up and down the street near our entrance. The king county multi service center is right next door and it draws them like flies.
Theft is rampant, we’ve had three work trucks stolen and multiple catalytic converter thefts.
The fed way police are in and out of there all the time as they use our fuel pumps to gas up.
Doesn’t matter to the zombies, they sit right out there smoking their drugs and shooting up too.
I talk to the officers and they are totally frustrated by the whole woke nation bullshit.
I’m retiring in September and yeah, I’m gonna go somewhere.
It’s a hard decision. I have a Lake Tapps house I love, I have people here I don’t want to leave behind.
I’ve campaigned for good conservative candidates here and it’s to the point where they just can’t win. The woke crowd is controlling everything.
If Sherriff Culp had won there’d be none of these ridiculous anti constitution gun laws, and he could have started to chip away at all the crime. He was a good candidate, but Dimslee won so the beat goes on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tomgun,
March 18, 2023, 04:05 AM
airsoft guy
Everybody's gotta do what's right for themselves, if that means leaving then so be it. But the constant "just move!" attitude from those out of state isn't helpful. Not everyone can just leave.

Further, letting the grabbers win here, just makes it easier for them to win there, whether it be Idaho or Texas or Arizona or Montana. It doesn't matter, because that's what grabbers do, they fuck us here, and then move to your nice, quiet town, and proceed to play Just The Tip, until one day your muscle ring is a big, blown out, floppy California-style mess.

A loss here is just another step closer to a loss for everyone else. A win here means you might never have to fight it yourself. So cool it with the JuSt MoVe! rhetoric, and maybe donate a couple bucks to the gun group of your choice.

quote:
March 19, 2023, 07:52 PM
Voshterkoff
Anyone else see a rumor of a March 23 senate vote? Forgot where I (think) I read that.
March 21, 2023, 11:50 AM
tomgun
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Anyone else see a rumor of a March 23 senate vote? Forgot where I (think) I read that.

Now I’m hearing it’s scheduled for a public hearing @ 8am on the 23rd

Next up it goes to executive session next Tuesday March 28th 10:30am

Of course the public hearing this morning probably had no impact, but it was a pretty good turnout for our side.
April 07, 2023, 11:50 AM
grumpy1
William Kirk talks about possible timeline with Washington legislative session ending very soon this month.

April 07, 2023, 12:23 PM
radioman
quote:
Everybody's gotta do what's right for themselves, if that means leaving then so be it. But the constant "just move!" attitude from those out of state isn't helpful. Not everyone can just leave.

Further, letting the grabbers win here, just makes it easier for them to win there, whether it be Idaho or Texas or Arizona or Montana. It doesn't matter, because that's what grabbers do, they fuck us here, and then move to your nice, quiet town, and proceed to play Just The Tip, until one day your muscle ring is a big, blown out, floppy California-style mess.

A loss here is just another step closer to a loss for everyone else. A win here means you might never have to fight it yourself. So cool it with the JuSt MoVe! rhetoric, and maybe donate a couple bucks to the gun group of your choice.

Well said and I agree 100%.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
April 07, 2023, 05:16 PM
old rugged cross
^^^^^
Absolutely correct. Give them nothing. Things can change for the positive.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"