SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    New Mexico House Bill 50 Large capacity magazines less than 10 rounds.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico House Bill 50 Large capacity magazines less than 10 rounds. Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted
Here we go. Just introduced by an ultra progressive Democrat in Albuquerque. Last year HB 156 was tabled and it limited rounds to 15. New bill limits rounds to <10. The proposed bill can be found here:

https://nmlegis.gov/Sessions/2...lls/house/HB0050.pdf

Just one of many to be introduced this legislative session. The other thing to notice is the narrative of guns being a public health epidemic. I am sure the governor would love guns to be declared a public health menace. She then could order draconian executive orders without legislative approval. She did this for COVID and the state supreme court (all her appointees) backed her up.

Going to be rough times in New Mexico.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: k5blazer,

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That's all we need right now- more of this BS from our dumbass governor that FUCKING won reelection. The alternative was a bible thumping former weather guy, but I would have taken him in a heartbeat.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Uugh. I hope the Bruen case starts to sweep this shit out of the legal system sooner rather than later.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you live in New Mexico, you need to write to your state representative and state senator and tell them you object to HB 50, HB9, HB 72, HB 100, and HB 101. You can find your legislator at: https://www.nmlegis.gov/members/find_my_legislator

I've contacted all of my friends, even the ones who don't shoot and they're all contacting their legislators to voice their opposition to these bills.

Posts: 5 | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
OP: You should change the title.

It's over 9 that's illegal. not over 10. So 10 rd mags would be illegal.

See this from the link provided.

large-capacity magazine" means a magazine or receptacle for a firearm that holds cartridges or shells under spring pressure preparatory for feeding into the chamber or a belt, drum, feed, strip or tubular device that is capable of holding or could be readily restored or converted to hold ten or more rounds of ammunition.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Thanks Radioman. I changed the title.

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Things are getting a tad uncomfortable in New Mexico. Looks like a concerted push by the Dems with their overwhelming majorities in both houses. Wrote my local Senator and Representative and heard nothing back.

https://www.borderreport.com/r...ico-house-committee/

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Uuuugh...if I didn't like my job and living here so much, BYE NM!

None of this crap will hold up in federal court, if passed.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Uuuugh...if I didn't like my job and living here so much, BYE NM!

And what happens when you/we run out of places to run to?
A cornered animal is most dangerous.................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Then I choose where I live based on how good the food is.

posted Hide Post
9 round limit is almost certain to get shot down by supreme court. At least most manufacturers make a 10rd model for the other communist states. Making it 9 rounds basically takes away your second amendment right completely.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Then I choose where I live based on how good the food is.

Then don't move to Utah. Moved here from NM almost 4 years ago, and I still can't get over how mediocre the food is.

Posts: 917 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I had a excellent combination plate at Escobar’s in Kenab.

The firearm storage bill was signed by the governor. Still of few bills out there. The most dangerous IMO is senate bill 428 which would create a hostile environment for businesses to sell in NM. Companies might not sell their products in the state. This bill and SB 427 were introduced by the same senator. He mocked the firearm storage bill but voted for it anyway.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shikemd:

Then don't move to Utah. Moved here from NM almost 4 years ago, and I still can't get over how mediocre the food is.

Then you're clearly eating at the wrong places.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post