SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    WA State: House Bill 1134 & Senate Bill 5050: Assault Weapon ban
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WA State: House Bill 1134 & Senate Bill 5050: Assault Weapon ban Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted
... here we go again.

Once again, as part of the Civilian Disarmament movement - create a West Coast Wall of Gun Control - the State AG Bob Ferguson, is sponsoring several gun bans.

This is the same AG who successfully sued the current administration EO on immigration and a Christian baker on behalf of LGBQT dispute.

Senate Bill 5050 accompanied by House Bill 1134, in which the definition of an "Assault Weapon" includes sporting, home defense, concealed carry, and recreational firearms.

These blinded idiots won't ever give up ... this should be dead on arrival.

I'm contacting my rep on this. If you are in WA state, hope you do as well ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
This state sucks...so sick of this crap.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
I'm sick of Ferguson, the governor and all the democraps screwing up Washington State.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee:
I'm sick of Ferguson, the governor and all the democraps screwing up Washington State.

I know it's getting old.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Getting old?
And to think after 30 years in Western WA I left in 2001 due to the depressing gray drizzling weather! What has happened in the last 16 years is just sickening.
I was a 9 year (3 terms) director of the WA Arms Collectors and worked to defeat 696. Those turn out to be the good old days.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
And yet, the city of Seattle will have a safe house for heroin users. Last time I checked, heroin is an illegal substance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee:
And yet, the city of Seattle will have a safe house for heroin users. Last time I checked, heroin is an illegal substance.

Amazing all the regulations and hoops we have to keep jumping through to maintain our rights.

Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Here we go again...everything is back plus more..

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Greetings,

I'm breaking my 15-month silence from SigForum as these is are important enough issues that they need all the attention and support that can be provided.

There are several bills up for committee hearing(s) tomorrow, and all of them are very concerning:

You can see them here:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/CMD/agenda.aspx?mid=27806

Some are as bad as requiring people to register all their 'assault weapons' and 'high capacity' magazine(s) as well as to require annual (yes, every year) licensing requirements to keep them.

They're also proposing overturning the state's pre-emption requirement regarding firearms...which, in turn could potentially allow a city or county to enact even more restrictive laws in those jurisdictions.

IF you live in Washington, you can go to the NRA-ILA's website under 'Write your State Lawmakers,' enter the fields, write your message, and it will automatically send the message to appropriate WA. legislators (for your district).

You can also go to https://www.firearmspolicy.org/actions, even if you're not a WA. resident, and sign up for opposition to these bills (you scroll down through the list and look for the threads with the WA. state flag), and sign up to oppose these bills.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post