SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Biden administration launching 'firearms trafficking strike forces' in liberal cities
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden administration launching 'firearms trafficking strike forces' in liberal cities Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.washingtonexaminer...es-in-liberal-cities

The Justice Department announced the formation on Tuesday of "cross-jurisdictional firearms trafficking strike forces" in five major U.S. cities to track and stop the illegal transfer of firearms.

The strike forces, part of President Joe Biden's strategy to counter spiking violent crime rates across the nation, will launch within 30 days in the

Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., metropolitan areas in coordination with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and other local law enforcement offices.

It's worth noting that the strike forces won't necessarily be limited to operating within those metropolitan areas, according to the DOJ, and "will share information and otherwise collaborate across districts where firearms trafficking schemes cross state or jurisdictional boundaries to focus enforcement against entire trafficking networks, from the places where guns are unlawfully obtained to the areas where they are used to commit violent crimes."

White House press secretary Jen Psaki rejected the notion during Monday's press briefing that called the spike "a concern for many Americans, Republicans and Democrats"

and

rejected the notion that Biden is concerned "that there could be an increase in crime this summer with the pandemic [mostly over]," as crime rates have been rising over the past five years.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

related

https://www.breitbart.com/crim...emocrats-washington/

Violent crime has surged by 23 percent in 2021 as Democrats control Washington, D.C., and most large metropolitan cities.

The National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) tweeted homicides and shootings have increased exponentially since former President Donald Trump was in office.

For instance, homicides increases are up 58 percent in Democrat-run Atlanta, 533 percent in Democrat-run Portland, and 37 percent in Democrat-run Philadelphia. Shooting are up 54 percent in Democrat-run New York City, 51 percent in Democrat-run Los Angeles, and 18 percent in Democrat-run Chicago.

Despite the violence, radical leftists are blaming the largest increase of crime in 60 years on police.

Posts: 19484 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
All Democrat controlled cities since time immemorial. All with active 'Defund the Police' movements.

Imagine that.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1407812088739897346

video at link

Biden taking advice from the mayor of Baltimore

Baltimore mayor said 80% of the guns taken in Baltimore were purchased outside the city.

Baltimore mayor says there is nothing he can do about that.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Baltimore has had more than 300 homicides for six years in a row (back to Freddie Gray)

So while the Baltimore mayor whines about guns being introduced to the city, Baltimore has demoralized the police department.

Marilyn Mosby stopped prosecution of drug possession, attempted drug distribution, prostitution, trespassing, and urinating/defecating in public.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
So, how many private FFL's will this drive out of the business. Seems like it will give .gov the excuse of 'probable cause' to raid, er visit to look at the books at their convenience.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
So, how many private FFL's will this drive out of the business

That's the controllers' intent.

God bless America.

Posts: 13378 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Is Eric Swallwell personally leading the assault teams?

I'd like to think that Eric Swallwell is personally leading the assault teams.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Gee, I wonder how much gun violence they’ll be addressing in big cities in regards to the “usual suspects”? Or will they focus on the white supremest boogeymen? My prediction is everywhere but where the real issue lies; black on black/Gang related violence.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15491 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
launching 'firearms trafficking strike forces' in liberal cities

I'm surprised they hit the Libtard cities but of course that is pretty much all big cities but I digress: that is we all know he is just going to hit the "law-abiding" folks as they are easy to find and pick off and leave off the gangs as that would be racist . Eek

Posts: 22825 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Gee, I wonder how much gun violence they’ll be addressing in big cities in regards to the “usual suspects”? Or will they focus on the white supremest boogeymen? My prediction is everywhere but where the real issue lies; black on black/Gang related violence.

We (Chicago Police) had an 8-fer (8 shot in one location). All over the news! "Oh, the humanity" type cries on the news...
They traced one or two of the guns back to Ky. Gun Shop outside of Ft Campbell KY.
Things got real quiet when the soldiers involved were black, and from Chicago.

That damned narrative getting in the way of a real good time!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8296 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A word of advice:

Everyone (FFL dealers as well as private buyers and sellers) need to be especially cautious in every transaction. Enforcement actions are likely to include attempts to set up sellers for violations, probably everything from paperwork errors to straw purchaser scenarios. Double check everything and put the skids on any deal that feels the least bit "Off".

Large retail operations, mom & pop shops, C&R holders, gun shows, newspaper ads, on-line posts may all bring investigators looking for the next statistic and newspaper headline.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden at a CNN townhall

video at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1418033475488206855

"The idea that you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots, from that weapon whether it is a 9mm pistol or a rifle, is ridiculous"

"The people using these weapons are acquiring them illegally"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have to admit, my 120 shot 9mm pistol is bulky

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,