SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    middle of no where , freedom of expression now w/update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

middle of no where , freedom of expression now w/update Login/Join 
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
If the owner of the building is OK with the artwork, then I like it. If the owner is not OK with the artwork, then I am not either.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
If the owner of the building is OK with the artwork, then I like it. If the owner is not OK with the artwork, then I am not either.

Based on the poor condition of the structure, I don't think the owner cares..

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This corn crib was built in the 40's, it stored field corn on the ear, it was last used in the mid 50's.

Shorty there after it became a msg board for farm auction directions, baby shower directions , graduation party directions and the like.

then in the sixties stuff like
robert loves Lucy, Maple Leafs rule! Go ! chargers ! and Cyndee Loo for prom queen started showing up.

The local historian claims that at least three coats of paint go on every summer.

The local l.e.o.'s just wave as they go by when it's being decorated.

in the 7 years I've been here , I have never seen anything remotely close to what could be considered a Gang type tag.

three or four times a year , stuff like Happy 50th anniversary Gladys and Gus will show up, then the whole side will get a fresh coat .

and the kids leave it that way for a week or three.

I've seen a half dozen R.I.P.'s up there ,
it's 4 miles from any small town , the other side ( south side) gets as much painting.

its about 35 feet x 13 feet.

the cool one's are the
" Welcome home Master Sargent Anthony Johnson"

at one time some people raised $900.00 to make repairs , but the owner never got back to them for the approval, to do it

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Do they ever try to sell "Mail Pouch Tobacco"?

Queue Rod Sterling...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Good story, Bendable. Thanks.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm thinking the artwork (?) may be all that is holding the building together....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there must be 40 coats of the old leaded paint on that thing.
Am surprised that the e.p.a. has not condemned it
Smile

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
I'm thinking the artwork (?) may be all that is holding the building together....

flashguy

It must have a half inch of paint on that side.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eight miles up the road , twords Geneseo, there is another one, that is just the bare boards,

I'd say that about a quarter of the side boards have fallen off it.

Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
The paint is probably holding it up at this point.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
eight miles up the road , twords Geneseo, there is another one, that is just the bare boards,

I'd say that about a quarter of the side boards have fallen off it.

Drive by there all the time. Love it. At least the kids dont tear it up. Its what they call "OLD SCHOOL COOL"

I've got a .22 lr paycheck and .41 mag tastes

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Posts: 76 | Location: Dewitt, Iowa | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the tunnels going under the RR tracks on NC State's campus is a free-expression tunnel. You can paint anything and everything in it. And people certainly did. You got everything from crude penises to downright beautiful artwork to announcements for random parties, etc.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nobody has painted it Sigforum green yet?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked for it at the tiny town hardware store, and the guy looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I asked for it at the tiny town hardware store, and the guy looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears

You weren't wearing a pair of these by chance Wink Razz...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Apparently, it's even touted as a local tourist attraction.

Osco Graffiti Barn
Just north of Andover, IL. is the community of Osco. At the corner of Osco Road and 1300th Avenue, tourists will find a corncrib. Visitors are welcome to ask Osco locals to point out the right direction to the corncrib. The corncrib is considered a “local memorabilia relic.” It is changed season to season by the visitors who decorate the corncrib by leaving a signature, a date, or a quote. Visitors are encouraged to take the back roads and make a mark.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/...02/prweb11571178.htm

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post