SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    The traditional day after Christmas supper:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The traditional day after Christmas supper: Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
Italian sausage subs. Protection is new Misono gyuto, just out of the frame.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Looks good. You guys been able to return to your home yet, after being flooded out this past summer?

My sister (in Kingwood) is living in her upstairs rooms while remodeling is finished downstairs.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We are living in rented house. We are comfortable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Italian sausage subs. Protection is new Misono gyuto, just out of the frame.

Wish the knife was in the pic. Did you get it from Chefknivestogo.com? I'm about to order a Santoku. I have a decent Gyuto already.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My wife got it for me for Christmas. I think it came from Amazon.

It is the 210mm version. The blade is very thin, and is sharpened Japanese style, with a bevel on one side and almost flat on the other. It came very sharp from the factory. It is very light, and a joy to use. It has a little less belly than most European chef's knives, so it is a little less good for rocking-chopping than those. I do have a Henckel chef's knife that is more traditional - heavier with more belly. I also have a Henckel's santoku. The Misono is a better knife, but they all have different uses.