SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Z06's Photo Contest Part III: Close ups, Reflections, & Your Favorite Firearms.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Z06's Photo Contest Part III: Close ups, Reflections, & Your Favorite Firearms. Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Yup, 'Tis that time to show us what makes you think of spring time now that Hearts & Guns has been decided.

Whatever gets you to the great outdoors up close. To get started, here's one of mine:

Have fun with this. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .38supersig,

Posts: 9141 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple (nice to have access to microscopes at work).

9,000 microns

Lands and grooves

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I took this one a while back. These might get me back into taking pictures more often.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Since selling my dslr with all lenses to include a macro, I've not snapped a real close-up. I have seen those few piece lens kits for smartphones that claim you can snap a macro shot but, I've not seen any results from those yet. Though I really enjoy macro photography.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Not super close up, but interesting nonetheless. Corrosive Russian 7.62x54R.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Ahhh Spring...

..from the indoor range to the wide open spaces!

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Since selling my dslr with all lenses to include a macro, I've not snapped a real close-up. I have seen those few piece lens kits for smartphones that claim you can snap a macro shot but, I've not seen any results from those yet. Though I really enjoy macro photography.

They do seem to work, I just couldn't get the proper range of the focal point without half a shadow. FWIW, The pic of the .38 round was taken with a Pentax camera from the clearance aisle at Walmart and a $15 lens tacked onto the front of it. It doesn't have to be expensive.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

They do seem to work, I just couldn't get the proper range of the focal point without half a shadow. FWIW, The pic of the .38 round was taken with a Pentax camera from the clearance aisle at Walmart and a $15 lens tacked onto the front of it. It doesn't have to be expensive.

I was looking at the Olloclip's for the iPhone X but sill checking what my phone's camera can do without one. I have a few camera apps that I've installed on the phone I'm tinkering with. There's a great deal of info and videos on the net regarding this kind of photography for smartphones, which is good.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post