SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    LDD Travelogue: Kauai, the Garden Isle
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LDD Travelogue: Kauai, the Garden Isle Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

I certainly saw a different Kauai than you did. In 1971, many, including me, lived off the trail to Hanakapiai Falls in houses framed in bamboo and covered with plastic. I spent time at Taylor Camp too. It was rare to even see another car between Hanalaei and the end of the road. I’ve seen photos of what it looks like there now. Now a state park with traffic jams which did not exist when I was there and Taylor Camp is now an archaeological site. Good Grief. Makes me feel old.

Me and my buddy were almost killed in a huge rock slide while laying in the sun at Hanakapiai Falls. The adrenalin was so strong as we ran for our lives it felt like we were running on pavement, not those jagged volcanic rocks in bare feet. Trees way up on the cliffs were snapping like twigs and the whole falls area was filled with smoke when it was over. Neither of us ever laid in the sun at the falls again.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 1829 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Private Dick
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Excellent post. I enjoyed it very much! Going to Hawaii someday is definitely on my bucket list.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 5649 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bendable
posted Hide Post
when we went to Hawaii, we had plans to do 5 different things.
we only got to do two,
we went snorkeling first , and that was what we ended up doing , besides driving around and "resting" .

many of those pictures in your post would make great wall paper, not computer wall paper , but actual living room wall paper , or dining room wall paper

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 44504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post