SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Alligator!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alligator! Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I finally found an alligator at Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge today. I know these are common down in SC, GA and FL, but in northeastern NC you really have to look for them. This one seemed to enjoy having its picture taken.

What I like about this one is that it doesn't appear to have been caught before or tagged. It has all its dorsal scales intact on its tail.

Oh, and a speedy Cottonmouth that was already fleeing by the time I could snap a pic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Looks like you got too close, again. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Man I love nature.....

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time run and get ahead of him for a good shot of that white mouth Wink

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics!

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Looks like he smiled for you.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Man I love nature.....

Batter fried with remoulade sauce on a bun.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Maybe he wanted to wrestle? Beautiful images.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decent size too. Nice.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snake looks like a Copperhead...great pics of the 'gator!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post