SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Need a recommendation for a picture sharing site
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a recommendation for a picture sharing site Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Flickr® is not set up to be a host for just posting photos to message boards and fora. Although doing that is permitted, there are rules about it that must be followed or one could have the membership cancelled. Flickr® is primarily a host for sharing photos on-line in a structured way, and I really like that aspect of it for hosting my 40,000 pictures.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Imageshack works well at posting photos to forums. They have a nice, simple interface with a lot of useful features, and their website is very fast. The price is pretty reasonable at $3.99 per month or $37.99 per year.

The only complaint is that their app (Skypath) for mobile uploads and posting images from a phone is a bit clunky, but still serviceable. And you can access the standard Imageshack site on your phone via a web browser, so you don't have to use the app.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I've been using Postimage which has worked well. It will resize the images as you load them by some prearranged sizes. Works well for Forums.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
I use Fotki to host my photos. Easy to use, sort and unlimited types of albums. I do have the pay service but it's not much at all.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post