SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Need a recommendation for a picture sharing site
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a recommendation for a picture sharing site Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I used to use Picasa WEB and it worked just fine. Now Google took it over and removed the one key function I used most, posting pictures to a forum. Now, all you can do is post a link. At least that is all I can find.

What do you use for posting pictures to the forum?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
A lot of people use photobucket. I use Shutterfly. It allows posing pics and a wealth of other options if you have a scrapbooker in the family.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have about had it with Photobucket. I PAY for their service and it is frequently either broken or the interface changed for no good reason. I've been looking at both imagr and flickr. I am leaning toward Flickr because it lets me host both pictures and videos. You also get 1 TB free with Flickr.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Here is a SIG Forum post with pictures that I put on Flickr. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8590042524

Here is a link to an album on Flickr where I posted pictures and videos of our May Match.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...ms/72157681259025554

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Fototime.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I now use Flickr® because I'm paying for it anyway (I have 40,000 photos there). Flickr does have a rule that you are not supposed to just post a picture URL of a photo hosted there, but they do provide a very nice and simple tool to produce a link that does it for you. (Each photo has a little bent arrow at the lower right and clicking on that opens a dialogue whereby a size can be selected and a link produced. Use the BBCode option.)

DSC_1852.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I had Photofuckit for many years until it shit the bed. Then I found Imgur, free, fast, & easy. Great for the last 2+ years for me.

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
imgur is easiest for sharing to forums, imo.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Another Fototime user, very satisfied.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I currently use Photobucket but it sucks. The app just stopped working with IOS. I need a new service with an easy to use phone app as I post from my phone 99.99% of the time.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
6 weeks ago, I switched to Postimage after reading this thread. I do not miss Photobucket a bit.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I use Flikr as well

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I now use Flickr® because I'm paying for it anyway (I have 40,000 photos there). Flickr does have a rule that you are not supposed to just post a picture URL of a photo hosted there, but they do provide a very nice and simple tool to produce a link that does it for you. (Each photo has a little bent arrow at the lower right and clicking on that opens a dialogue whereby a size can be selected and a link produced. Use the BBCode option.)

DSC_1852.jpg

flashguy

Ive found it helpful to remove everything from the BBC code but the IMG tags and thereby can post the photo without people being able to click on it and access the rest of your album. If thats a consideration for you.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'm very pleased with ImageShack for photos embedding in forums. On the fly resize and link types. It's great.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

DSC_1852.jpg

flashguy

Ive found it helpful to remove everything from the BBC code but the IMG tags and thereby can post the photo without people being able to click on it and access the rest of your album. If thats a consideration for you.
And by doing that you are violating the rules set forth by Flickr®. Flickr specifically forbids using the URLs of photos posted there without there being a link back to Flickr--check the Guidelines. They created the BBCode tool to make it easy to comply with their rules. They have been known to lock up an account if their rules are violated.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I liked Picasa because of the simple uncluttered interface and the ability to resize there within the application.

Some of the other options here allow for resizing, but the interfaces or sites are rather cluttered. Image post works well, but you can't resize within the app that I can find.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I use wordpress for the blog. You can add photos in a "gallery", and when you clock on one, view them as a carousel. There is a link to the full image size as well.

Or plop them down full res, and always pull the URL right off the image.

I think you can change the publish date and change the order of the galleries, but I'm not sure. There are many ways to do it.

You can also have pages listed across the top or side which are password-protected.

Lots and lots of free storage.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I finally switched to Postimage yesterday. I should have done it long ago.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I pretty much dropped Photobucket when it changed its format. I have occasionally used it only to sell an item. Now that Photobucket wants $400/yr if you use their site to link on other internet sites, I've dropped it completely. If you don't pay them, your account apparently gets locked up, extortion.

Flickr is ok but it has to many steps to make it user friendly as Photobucket used to be.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post