SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    National Museum Of The Marine Corps (LOTS of pics...lots...)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Museum Of The Marine Corps (LOTS of pics...lots...) Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I was able to visit back in November. They are working on the Iraq section.

I have a lot of pics, and I will add later as I can. My favorite is this one. I saw it and sent my buddy a txt. "Hey you're famous you are in the museum" That is his tank delivering 120mm freedom pills. Dam that was a long time ago lol.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
That's a great museum. If anyone is in the northern Virginia area, it is a must visit.

I love the active displays. Like the cold-room where Marines are trading tracer fire at night with the Chinese in Korea. And the Marines that charge the German machine guns through the fields. Whoever came up with these displays is genius.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to high school with one of the lead Curatrors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6222 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Visited many times, well worth it and highly recommended.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post