SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    The spoils of the hunt
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The spoils of the hunt Login/Join 
posted
I put these on the smoker this morning for three hours and then in the oven at 250 for 7 hours. Delicious pulled pork with black beans and rice around 1630.

My son shot tonight’s dinner several months ago. Everyone in the pic is retired or active duty Navy or one of our children. We do our best to help control the hogs in FL. .

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Looks great, I’ll be right over!

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That looks like some fine eating. Love the family pic!

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Great pics, looks like a good time was had by all.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Damn, that looks amazing! Congrats.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
.300 blackout?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
.300 blackout?

Yes sir. 110gr Hornady Vmax with 19gr IMR 4227. All one shot kills.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Man that looks like some great eating. Rather reminds me of a "pig pickin' " we did at NSCS in Athens GA back in the '70s well before the Navy moved the school.

As an aside my eldest was a Corpsman and served his time with the Marines (Scout-Snipers).

Glad your family gets together to enjoy in this way! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Man that looks like some great eating. Rather reminds me of a "pig pickin' " we did at NSCS in Athens GA back in the '70s well before the Navy moved the school.

As an aside my eldest was a Corpsman and served his time with the Marines (Scout-Snipers).

Glad your family gets together to enjoy in this way! Smile

Hello,

Thank you guys for the kind words. My brothers and I get together the first week of Dec every year for our annual hog hunt. Ours boys come with us, but last year my daughter came and is now hooked. We have a combined 64 years of military service between the 4 of us and love this great country and the freedoms we share. God Bless America.

Baldi,

I was a Corpsman for 24 years and retired as a Senior Chief in 2014 with the majority of my career with the FMF. I was never stationed on a ship, but rode them for years with my Marines. Please thank your son and my brother for his service.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Bald1,

I was a Corpsman for 24 years and retired as a Senior Chief in 2014 with the majority of my career with the FMF. I was never stationed on a ship, but rode them for years with my Marines. Please thank your son and my brother for his service.

I passed your sentiments along with your story here to him. Thank you!

I'm retired Navy too. I served from 1966 to 1999, first in the Army as enlisted and then the Navy as an officer.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great hunt...and meal. Gainesville isn't "that" far away ya know. Smile

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Great pics and thanks for your service.

Are those the hams you smoked? We don't have a ton of hogs where I hunt but I'm always interested in good recipes.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Looks good! Well done bud

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That’s a horrible picture. I am honestly offended with just about all of it.

Ok I am really just offended I’m not in it and cannot be enjoying some of that delicious hog. I am no hunter but I am an eater. Smile

Seriously though good looking group of guys, good looking pork. Congrats.

Take care and shoot safe all and Enjoy your pork.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Great photos. Looks like a mighty fine meal was had by all.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Thanks for letting us at least share the thoughts.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
That looks outstanding - both the meal and your family/friends!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Great pics and fine eats, thumbs up

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I HOPE YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE!

But seriously, that looks awesome. Great hunt, great meal, great family. Big thumbs up.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is a great pick usn and the food looks awesome!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post