SIGforum
The spoils of the hunt

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/9740087474

September 20, 2020, 05:30 PM
usncorpsman
The spoils of the hunt
I put these on the smoker this morning for three hours and then in the oven at 250 for 7 hours. Delicious pulled pork with black beans and rice around 1630.

My son shot tonight’s dinner several months ago. Everyone in the pic is retired or active duty Navy or one of our children. We do our best to help control the hogs in FL. .

September 20, 2020, 05:48 PM
GCE61
Looks great, I’ll be right over!
September 20, 2020, 05:51 PM
P220 Smudge
That looks like some fine eating. Love the family pic!

September 20, 2020, 06:16 PM
P-220
Congratulations.

Great pics, looks like a good time was had by all.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
September 20, 2020, 06:58 PM
flesheatingvirus
Damn, that looks amazing! Congrats.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 20, 2020, 06:59 PM
Voshterkoff
.300 blackout?
September 20, 2020, 07:30 PM
usncorpsman
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
.300 blackout?

Yes sir. 110gr Hornady Vmax with 19gr IMR 4227. All one shot kills.
September 20, 2020, 07:46 PM
bald1
Man that looks like some great eating. Rather reminds me of a "pig pickin' " we did at NSCS in Athens GA back in the '70s well before the Navy moved the school.

As an aside my eldest was a Corpsman and served his time with the Marines (Scout-Snipers).

Glad your family gets together to enjoy in this way! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
September 20, 2020, 08:52 PM
usncorpsman
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Man that looks like some great eating. Rather reminds me of a "pig pickin' " we did at NSCS in Athens GA back in the '70s well before the Navy moved the school.

As an aside my eldest was a Corpsman and served his time with the Marines (Scout-Snipers).

Glad your family gets together to enjoy in this way! Smile

Hello,

Thank you guys for the kind words. My brothers and I get together the first week of Dec every year for our annual hog hunt. Ours boys come with us, but last year my daughter came and is now hooked. We have a combined 64 years of military service between the 4 of us and love this great country and the freedoms we share. God Bless America.

Baldi,

I was a Corpsman for 24 years and retired as a Senior Chief in 2014 with the majority of my career with the FMF. I was never stationed on a ship, but rode them for years with my Marines. Please thank your son and my brother for his service.
September 20, 2020, 09:07 PM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Bald1,

I was a Corpsman for 24 years and retired as a Senior Chief in 2014 with the majority of my career with the FMF. I was never stationed on a ship, but rode them for years with my Marines. Please thank your son and my brother for his service.

I passed your sentiments along with your story here to him. Thank you!

I'm retired Navy too. I served from 1966 to 1999, first in the Army as enlisted and then the Navy as an officer.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
September 21, 2020, 05:36 AM
EUROFAN
Looks like a great hunt...and meal. Gainesville isn't "that" far away ya know. Smile

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
September 21, 2020, 07:12 AM
YellowJacket
Great pics and thanks for your service.

Are those the hams you smoked? We don't have a ton of hogs where I hunt but I'm always interested in good recipes.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
September 21, 2020, 07:41 AM
CQB60
Looks good! Well done bud

September 21, 2020, 10:32 AM
cslinger
That’s a horrible picture. I am honestly offended with just about all of it.

Ok I am really just offended I’m not in it and cannot be enjoying some of that delicious hog. I am no hunter but I am an eater. Smile

Seriously though good looking group of guys, good looking pork. Congrats.

Take care and shoot safe all and Enjoy your pork.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
September 21, 2020, 10:36 AM
P210
Great photos. Looks like a mighty fine meal was had by all.
September 21, 2020, 11:21 AM
sigfreund
Excellent! Thanks for letting us at least share the thoughts.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
September 21, 2020, 01:14 PM
h2oys
That looks outstanding - both the meal and your family/friends!
September 21, 2020, 01:41 PM
BigSwede
Great pics and fine eats, thumbs up

September 21, 2020, 03:43 PM
copaup
I HOPE YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE!

But seriously, that looks awesome. Great hunt, great meal, great family. Big thumbs up.
September 21, 2020, 05:20 PM
remsig
That is a great pick usn and the food looks awesome!