SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Wife went completely overboard with Christmas decorations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife went completely overboard with Christmas decorations Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Usually, this is the extent of our Christmas "decorations":

A friend re-gifted us a Poinsettia that they didn't want so this year we went all out:

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Do we need to set up an intervention?

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought about you the other night whilst out and about in tiny town.

This would be a great phpaul project , I thought.

sorry for the blur.

This neighbor took chicken wire ( I know you have some)

and made sphere's, 16 inches to 30 inches in diameter.

then she put lights in and around the outside,

then she went out to her 6 walnut trees and suspended them between 30 ft and 70 feet in the air and plugged them in .

I figure she has about 600 feet of very light duty extension cord for the dozen or so ornaments.

looking forward to your pictures, shouldn't take you more than an afternoon or two

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Do we need to set up an intervention?

Something to think about if this becomes a habit!

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Bendable, I'd love to oblige you and get right on that project but I've got to...ummmm....lessee here....

Wash my hair! Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket. Wash my hair.

The one in front.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
sigh...well it's time to pack up the tree and all the other decorations for another year. I still might leave them out until the New Year because it can be so consuming.. Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you complaining about taking down and putting up the plethora of decorations. Do what we did years ago. We ditched ornaments altogether. We are a straight candy cane decoration family. We decorate the trees with candy canes. When we get sick of the trees, our kids conviently relocate the tree upstairs out of our view. About the time it runs out of candy canes it is thanksgiving and is magically relocated backdownstairs for new candy canes.

I tell ya, its fookin magic.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I dread taking down my Christmas desecrations as well. It can take upwards of 5 minutes.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of Christmas cards laying on the couch that I got in the mail.

Yours was way over the top and just slightly out of control. Big Grin

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I finally got some pictures of my outdoor display: https://www.flickr.com/photos/...ms/72157674741073997. A few of my favorites:
DSC_8275.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr
SC_8303.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

DSC_8312.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

DSC_8300.jpg

And of my indoor tree:

DSC_8263.jpg

DSC_8315.jpg

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post