SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    My wife's delicious pie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife's delicious pie Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted

Apple pie. Fruit pie is my favorite dessert.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
That looks fantastic!! My compliments to the chef/baker!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That crust looks amazing. Compliments to your wife.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Oh man, now I'm going to have to ask my better half to make a pie... or two.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looks amazing.

I can say no all day long to cakes, cookies, brownies, candy, ice cream, etc. Those really don't do anything for me, and I especially loathe the ultra cheap stuff loaded down with corn syrupy sweetness. But a good homemade fruit pie/pastry/cobbler is a whole different story, and apple pie in particular is my favorite.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Looks scruptious! You're just a little too far from me to drive over--or I would.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yes. Fruit pie is the best.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My compliments to your wife. Baking is an art, and turning out something that looks that perfect is no small feat. That is the perfect bake on that pie, you can tell just by looking at it.

What kind of apples did she use?

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Damn, that looks good. My two favorite pies are apple and cherry.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
My compliments to your wife. Baking is an art, and turning out something that looks that perfect is no small feat. That is the perfect bake on that pie, you can tell just by looking at it.

What kind of apples did she use?

Granny Smith. It is good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Granny Smith. It is good.

That's doing it right.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
I am loving the look of that pie topping.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Absolutely looks delicious. I hope it tastes half as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Served warm with some REAL vanilla ice cream melting. I'm in for the excellent Karma.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes please! With a big scoop of vanilla!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
... or a slice of cheddar cheese... a la my grandpa Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
a slice of cheddar cheese
Yup.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Apple pie is my #3, #1 is chocolate meringue and #2 is pumpkin. I would enjoy a piece of that pie.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
... or a slice of cheddar cheese... a la my grandpa Smile

Huhwhatnow???????????

Pie looks delicious.....cheddar cheese on it.....I repeat huhwhatnow??????

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I was a cheese skeptic too. Cheddar cheese does add an excellent contrast to the pie. Worth a try.

I still favor a scoop of good vanilla ice cream with warm apple pie.

My compliments to Mrs. jhe

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post