SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Boss, We Have a Problem!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boss, We Have a Problem! Login/Join 
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted
The local sewer district is doing some work in my subdivision. One day last week I heard the sound of heavy equipment and snapping trees on a cul-de-sac behind my house. I watched as the machine disappeared into the woods. Sounds of excavating ensued. Then there was no sound for the next two days, yet the machine was still in there. Ever curious, I went to investigate and this is what I found:

Tread1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Tread2 by GaryBF, on Flickr

For you heavy equipment buffs, the machine is combination blade and bucket by Takeuchi.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I worked at an equipment rental place for a couple of years. We had a couple of Takeuchi track hoes.

I got REAL good at putting tracks back on the rollers. When when the rubber tracks get worn/stretched, a good sharp turn will roll them right off.

The idler on the front (the one with no teeth) is tensioned by pumping grease into a zerk with a regular grease gun.

To replace the track, take the plug out of the tensioner assembly, push the roller all the way in with the bucket (thereby squirting grease a goodly distance) rotate the boom around so you can pick the problematic side of the hoe up off the ground, manhandle the track back over the rollers, replace the zerk/plug assembly and pump 'er full of grease until you get the requisite tension.

Nearly as easy as it sounds, unless the track came off in the middle of a big ol' mudhole or is crammed full of brush, or sitting astride a stump or ...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15201 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Send for mbinky

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Send for mbinky

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's abandoned for certain. Put it on Craiglist and send me an "Advice Provider's Fee".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post