SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    V-Max: My Grail Bike
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

V-Max: My Grail Bike Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
Fell in love with this bike in 1985. Finally got one about a month ago...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post

-----------------
I apologize now...

posted Hide Post
Nice!! I had a ‘97 for a couple years before I took a tumble on it and sold it afterwards. Fun bike!!

Edit to add: I also had a red flight tag as a key ring when I owned my V-max. Smile

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post

-----------------
I apologize now...

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EssKayR22:
Nice!! I had a ‘97 for a couple years before I took a tumble on it and sold it afterwards. Fun bike!!

Edit to add: I also had a red flight tag as a key ring when I owned my V-max. Smile

My brother was a pilot, he passed away 21 years ago. The original owner of this bike passed away from cancer a few years ago, he was an airline mechanic.

I found it fitting to have something aviation related. I am in the process of getting a custom license plate that will also fit this criteria.

It is a fun bike!

-----------------
I apologize now...

posted Hide Post
Beautiful bike! I have always loved the V-Max! The Gen 2 Vmax is my grail bike. Hope to get one in the near future.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I had Honda’s version of this bike. The V-65 Magna. Gobs of power. Rode every state west of the Mississippi on it. Twice to Sturgis from the Oregon Coast. I could easily get a wheelie in 3rd gear. Crotch Rocket. Smile

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the OP... a very close friend is an amazing artist who paints virtually anything. His motorcycles are awesome. Here is his personal V-Max:

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Spotted an older VMax just last week when leaving the office, made me think of this thread.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
I had a poster of a Vmax in my dorm room during college in the 80's, although all I could afford at the time was a Yamaha Radian.

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love the art on that V-Max. Sometimes that nose art/fighter plane art can turn out awful but that one looks great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erratic:
Yamaha Radian

I had one! Twice! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by erratic:
Yamaha Radian

I had one! Twice! Cool

Yamaha hit the nail on the head in that era. Not only with the Radian, which was a very capable UJM, but their short lived 700FZR. Pricing, performance, comfort, etc...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I thought they liked to be called,

Mr. MAX

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Man I wish I had the one I bought new.....................

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post