Find
Notify
Tools

Daylight Doe Login/Join 
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted
I spotted this gal coming up from the woods this afternoon. I don't know squat about deer, is she a nursing mother?

Doe171003 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I agree,but she must have conceived in late December January to be still nursing.
They usually deliver may /early june and are drying up by this time of year.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnimalMother88
posted Hide Post
Deer rut at different times depending on locale. I shot a doe in north KY two years ago after Thanksgiving and she still had milk. I'm not sure how long they nurse but that shocked me. She's certainly still nursing.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Yes. Yes she is. She's got a fawn tucked in somewhere nearby.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Great Photo!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnimalMother88:
Deer rut at different times depending on locale. I shot a doe in north KY two years ago after Thanksgiving and she still had milk. I'm not sure how long they nurse but that shocked me. She's certainly still nursing.

I've taken many deer thanksgiving week which still had milk.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Great photo. Pretty doe.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post