SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Hawks in the Dogwood tree out front
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawks in the Dogwood tree out front Login/Join 
Picture of ewills
posted
I really like watching these guys take out critters in the yard. Many of them have lived here in the woods over the years. I rarely get to catch them with the camera. Saw these guys when I went downstairs this morning. Ran upstairs to grab the phone. Thought I took a bunch more photos, but these three were all I got. Soon as they saw me thru the window, they were gone. Best I could do with a galaxy phone. Hope they hang around so I can watch them do their work some more...

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magnificent birds!

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
awesome animals and good pics as well. i enjoy watching these amazing creatures as well

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They're awesome!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We had one of those hanging around in our neighborhood a while ago. I got this shot of him. Looks like the same type of hawk.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any experts here? Cooper's Hawk or a Sharp Shinned Hawk or neither. I had one of these little fellows visit me on my deer stand last year. Made my day.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
They look lik Coopers to me

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They look like Accipiters.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing animals. Great pics

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post