SIGforum
Dad's Guns

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/9280012084

March 08, 2021, 09:32 PM
DetonicsMk6
Dad's Guns
Very sorry for the loss of your Dad. You are very lucky to have his well cared for and well used guns -And the memories to go along with them!
March 09, 2021, 03:07 PM
YellowJacket
Here's a cool one... I don't actually have this gun because my Mom keeps it in her bedside table. Neat gun in the very manageable .38 S&W. It's a Model 33-1.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
March 09, 2021, 03:11 PM
YellowJacket
A couple of guns for the grandboys. A really nice example of a Browning BL-22 and a Brazilian Boito SxS .410. I have 2 sons and a nephew (ages 6, 5, and almost 4) and they all got to pull the trigger a few times on the .22 a few weeks ago.

March 10, 2021, 05:24 PM
jhe888
The Model 33 is lovely.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
March 10, 2021, 07:02 PM
TMats
Thanks for sharing your father, and his firearms, with us. Both my folks are gone, I have a pretty good idea what you’re feeling.

March 11, 2021, 10:08 AM
YellowJacket
Alright just a few more to go.

Dad bought this Winchester in about 1998. That year he went up to Saskatchewan on a deer hunt and killed a great buck (trying to find a picture.) Up until he got this rifle, which is a Model 70 Classic in 7mm Rem Mag, he had hunted with an old 742 Woodsmaster for a very long time. (Still have that one, too.) This a seriously well put together rifle with some great Zeiss glass.

This is a boring ol' AR-15. As you've seen, there's not much tacticool gear laying around Dad's place (or mine) but he figured it was a good thing to have. This is a stock Bushmaster Patrolman.

March 11, 2021, 10:28 AM
YellowJacket
Last one is a real gem of a gun but it's actually going to be sold. Dad was fine with that and he actually tried a couple of times to sell it. We live in quail country here and this gun is a 12 Ga choked M/F which just isn't really feasible. I did take this gun out 2 weeks ago and shoot 50 rounds of sporting clays with it. It absolutely hammers clays. It would make for a good duck gun if one were inclined to drag a $5000 SxS into a duck blind. More of an English driven pheasant shoot kind of gun.

It's an AyA No 53 from the early 80's. Exquisite in every way and a beast of a strong action. This is kind of AyA's flagship in a field gun, a scaled down version of the competition No 56.

March 11, 2021, 04:00 PM
hberttmank
^^^^^^
Love that AyA SxS!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
March 14, 2021, 06:08 PM
flashguy
Condolences on your recent loss of your dad. Having his guns and the memories that go with them is a wonderful thing.

My dad was a hunter, but I was not. When he died I did inherit his guns--2 shotguns and 2 rifles. His Ruger 10-22 I gave to his oldest grandson (my nephew) when he became 12 years old, per my dad's wishes. His shotguns and deer rifle I still have, but I've never shot them. Hunting was not an activity we shared (my choice). I have often regretted that decision.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth