SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    It's Deer Season
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Deer Season Login/Join 
Picture of 3/4Flap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
quote:
Originally posted by 3/4Flap:
This year's buck.

Nice buck - tell me about the rifle and the distance in which it was harvested.

Thanks.

Rifle is a SAKO Left Hand AV action Finnbear with Leupold 4.5-14 VX3 scope and Optilock mounts + 6.5x55, 140 grain Remington PSPCL over 45 grains H4350. Range was about 75 yards.

"For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate States of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony"; United States Supreme Court Ruling, Murphy v. Ramsey 1885.
The hardest trail leads to the highest peak.
"A liberal is a person whose immediate interests are not at stake."

Posts: 4425 | Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeTX
posted Hide Post
Late season hunt.

My guns are not illegal. Just undocumented.

Posts: 244 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Nice buck, Joe!

Posts: 2020 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Here is my daughter Jasmine with her first deer. A little 7 point dink but she was happy with it and so was I. She shot it from about 165 yards with a Tikka T3 Hunter in 6.5x55 Swede. Little fella only weighed about 150 pounds which isn't very big for the deer around Rappahannock County VA.

Posts: 712 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jasmine!

Posts: 2020 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Dad, who cares how big it is. You taught your daughter how to shoot and hunt. Good on you both.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 5138 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Here is my daughter Jasmine with her first deer. A little 7 point dink but she was happy with it and so was I. She shot it from about 165 yards with a Tikka T3 Hunter in 6.5x55 Swede. Little fella only weighed about 150 pounds which isn't very big for the deer around Rappahannock County VA.

When I was twice her age I would have given my right arm for that deer! Just the opportunity to shoot something like that should not be taken for granted.

My guns are not illegal. Just undocumented.

Posts: 244 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took the large doe Saturday afternoon at about 125 yards.

Found the muzzleloader bullet in the off side hide.

" My anger management classes piss me off.."

Posts: 1099 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2016 Shotgun:

2016 Bow:

Posts: 6074 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3/4Flap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
2016 Shotgun:

2016 Bow:

Awesome deer!

What state?

"For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate States of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony"; United States Supreme Court Ruling, Murphy v. Ramsey 1885.

Posts: 4425 | Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Do elk (in the deer family) count? Here's a couple of bulls my grandson and I teamed up on in Wyoming. (I backed up his shot on one and he backed me up on the other. Wink)

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 8101 | Location: So CA | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
An elk is a deer to me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 42312 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
2016 Shotgun:

Awesome deer!

What state?

Iowa

Posts: 6074 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3/4Flap
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
2016 Shotgun:

Awesome deer!

What state?

Iowa

HaHa!!

When I saw those pigs that's what I thought!!

Great deer and good shooting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
2016 Shotgun:

Awesome deer!

What state?

Iowa

HaHa!!

When I saw those pigs that's what I thought!!

Great deer and good shooting.

Ont he flip side...that all we get here. Need to get back to AZ stat.

Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
2016 Bow:

Nice. I killed one that looked very similar in CO when I lived out there. Fella was so full of corn, I don't think he could run from me if he tried Wink Never got a picture but yours could have been his twin.

Posts: 712 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post