SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    It's Deer Season
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Deer Season Login/Join 
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted
Let's see some photos from your successful hunts. Here's mine from opening day this past Saturday.

Posts: 2026 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday morning.

" My anger management classes piss me off.."

Posts: 1099 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Dayum! Eek

Posts: 2026 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoghunter
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nice 10 pointer!!

Posts: 4108 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 4896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Wowzers!

Hoghunter
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Trophy!!!!!!

Posts: 4108 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeTX
posted Hide Post
Ok. Shot in September but still a deer Wink

My guns are not illegal. Just undocumented.

Posts: 244 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
My wife took this out our back door

Posts: 1047 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Harvested this one in WV this past November.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3/4Flap
posted Hide Post
This year's buck.

"For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate States of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony"; United States Supreme Court Ruling, Murphy v. Ramsey 1885.
The hardest trail leads to the highest peak.
"A liberal is a person whose immediate interests are not at stake."

Posts: 4533 | Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeTX:
Ok. Shot in September but still a deer Wink

Holy smokes it's deformed!!

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
My wife took this out our back door

Wait a second...that one is still breathing.

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
Harvested this one in WV this past November.

That's a nice buck.

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3/4Flap:
This year's buck.

Nice buck - tell me about the rifle and the distance in which it was harvested.

Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
A little late to the game but here is my little fella taken with a Sig in .270 back in November. Be about a year before I get the mount back.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 16947 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking buck, Black. About how many pounds of venison did it provide?

Picture of 3/4Flap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
That's a good looking buck, Black. About how many pounds of venison did it provide?

Not his, but if all you guys want to post weights if you have them, I can post mine since I lucked out and got the one I posted out whole this year. I shot it on one of the ridges on my ranch, then skidded it down a 70% slope to a skid trail, then dragged it off the mountain and back to the game pole about 2/3's mile away.

Anyhow, it was 205 lbs on the hoof and we weighed the meat after we butchered it. We got 115 pounds of cut and wrapped meat off it. Which is a really good percentage.

"For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate States of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony"; United States Supreme Court Ruling, Murphy v. Ramsey 1885.
The hardest trail leads to the highest peak.
"A liberal is a person whose immediate interests are not at stake."

Posts: 4533 | Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I dressed mine out before dragging it back to camp and never weighed it but felt like it weighed 300lbs. Razz Anyhoo, I got 35lbs back from the butcher in steaks, tenderloin and stew venison and another 10lbs in ground which I intend to turn into sausage.

Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:

Did not weigh it. Not sure I would have wanted to probably make me feel like a wuss. Wore me out dragging it from the woods to the field where the tractor was waiting.
Also I butcher it all myself and only recently started hunting so this is my 2nd deer. I am sure my lack of butchering skills left a lot.
Though there is plenty to last my family till next year.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 16947 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post