SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Quarantine Arts and Crafts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quarantine Arts and Crafts Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Made three benches out of red oak. This is the third one which is for my wife.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xrocket,

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that is very nice. the mrs. would really love something like that. i just tell her i only work in steel.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TYVM Dozer

I've admired your knives for a few years now dozer, and love your throw back aging techniques. You have an artist mind and eye.

BTW I've dabbled a bit on the edged side of things in the past. Behind the above bench photo is a portion of my workshop.

Keep up your fine work sir!

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
From this thread, not really arts & crafts, but will be disassembling the rear end of the Scout to replace the swingarm.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8920044964

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Rainy day projects:

We have a few of those half-circle windows in our house & custom 'blind' panels are pricey.

Had a fair bit of 'scrap' wood around the house, so decided to DIY it.

My original idea, was to build a filler panel that would slide into the pocket, then my wife decided she wanted 'shutters'.

A trip to HD, borrowed my F-I-L's air stapler & a few hours of my time.

Not 100% happy with a few parts, but overall I think they'll work. And, if not, I only have about $20 (hinges, staples, paint) in it.

This is the back side & they'll be closed the majority of the time.
Learned a few things & will probably do a better job on the next set.

And, a shot of what the front will be

Got these hung tonight. No more wedging a pillow in the window.
Turned out better than I expected.

I do wish the hinges allowed them to open a bit further. But, they'll be closed 99% of the time.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that is impressive. my family business is custom carpentry and woodworking. i became the black sheep when i went the other way and started working with steel. Big Grin

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post