Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Church Login/Join 
posted
Tomorrow is Sunday, let's post a pic of the church you go to. You don't have to name it, just a pic as you walk in the front door. Churches are often such beautiful places.

Second, post a picture of the church or sacred place you would most like to visit or have visited.

See you tomorrow.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
No pic but I was just speaking that I want to visit The Holy Land. Anyone been and have advice?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
No pic but I was just speaking that I want to visit The Holy Land. Anyone been and have advice?

If you're Catholic, I would highly recommend these folks.

http://www.206tours.com/

I did their Holy Land tour a couple years ago and loved it.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Here's a view of our Sanctuary from the rear entrance, set up for a concert.

Klais_0029
by David Casteel, on Flickr

And this is what it looked like outside until recently (additions have been made):

DSC_0048

And the Chancel decorated for Christmas:

DSC_0348

I have visited so many beautiful churches in my trips that I cannot pick a favorite.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I have to say my trips to Germany always left me fairly speechless at what was created so many hundreds of years ago. Google cathedrals of Munich, Dresden, Freiburg and Ulm to see some amazing places, but know tat until you stand in them and experience the scale, you'll never know the power of these buildings.

Ulm was an unscheduled stop. On flat ground at autobahn speeds, we saw the steeple from many many miles away. We thought it was closer and turned in towards it. It was still a long drive to get there! Very impressive. It is deteriorating now because drunk people keep pissing on it.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my Church this morning. Looking in from the lobby. It's under construction right now and it looks like it is going to be awesome when its done. There is going to be a large pipe organ around the stained glass up front.

Here is Rosary Cathedral, in my town. Leaves me in awe every time.

And here is Historic St. Pat's

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The to me most impressive church is St.Paul's Cathedral in Münster/Westphalia in Germany.

This church isn't as huge as the cathedral in Cologne but it was my church when I lived in this town.

October 10, 1943 in WWII it was almost destroyed during an air raid by American bombers but rebuild later. Unfortunately the cathedral never gained it's beauty back from the days before it's destruction.

Picture from 1900:

Nowadays:

In colloquial language the windows are now called "God's dial" or "The soul's shower head"

Posts: 123 | Location: Teutoburger Wald, Germany | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow... lots of beautiful churches. Thanks guys. Keep them coming.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
My favorite church:

My second favorite:

Another view:

After touring through Israel I have perhaps a thousand shots of various churches. All of them beautiful and all of them holding a special place.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Cous2492,

My parents were married and I was Baptized in the Rosary Cathedral in Toledo.

My Dad grew up at 1056 Nebraska Avenue, back when it was a proud Polish neighborhood. I drove down Nebraska Avenue a few years ago (after probably 35 years). Oh my, how the neighborhood has changed. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My church in Limerick, PA. It's a very young demographic and unlike any church I've ever attended, growing like crazy.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Cous2492,

My Dad grew up at 1056 Nebraska Avenue, back when it was a proud Polish neighborhood. I drove down Nebraska Avenue a few years ago (after probably 35 years). Oh my, how the neighborhood has changed. Frown

That's awesome. I work as a police officer in the area in which your dad grew up. It's one of the worst places in town now. There is a MASSIVE abandoned Catholic Church (St. Anthony's) two blocks down. It's a shame what has happened to that neighborhood.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Cous2492,

That's awesome. I work as a police officer in the area in which your dad grew up. It's one of the worst places in town now. There is a MASSIVE abandoned Catholic Church (St. Anthony's) two blocks down. It's a shame what has happened to that neighborhood.

Small world.

My Grandfather was a Toledo Police Officer for 44 years. Anthony (Tony) Majchszak. I still have some of his personal items from his time on the force.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My church.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Even though I don't live here anymore, I still consider it mine. I never switched to a new one closer to where I live

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My church in Limerick, PA. It's a very young demographic and unlike any church I've ever attended, growing like crazy.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="297" width="475"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/https://youtu.be/5Zd5yGj9w6E&showsearch=0&rel=0&fs=1&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" /><param value="window" /><param value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowScriptAccess="never" wmode="transparent" height="297" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/https://youtu.be/5Zd5yGj9w6E&showsearch=0&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" width="475"></embed></object>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
Is there supposed to be something in that blank space?

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
My church.

Winner!

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Is there supposed to be something in that blank space?

flashguy

You don't see an embedded video of my church worship band?

Here's a link:

https://youtu.be/5Zd5yGj9w6E

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No, I didn't. Thanks for the link. It was interesting.

flashguy