SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Raised Beds and Gardens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raised Beds and Gardens Login/Join 
posted
We are starting our first raised beds this year. We did a couple bucket tomatoes last year. I have 5 of the 72 cell trays under grow lights of assorted vegetables. Please share this year’s garden pictures. (Once I find a hosting site, I will post my “leggy” starts.)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Leggy plants are a result of gro-lites too far away from plants and 2-3 inches is best with atleast 18 hours on.
You have to get the kelvins and lumans right also
Plants need planting in soil,not buckets if production in desired.Raised bed require much more water ,it drains rapidly .
U tube Gary Pilarchik is a good source.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice.

Let’s see if I can figure out this picture thing.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnimalMother88
posted Hide Post
This is our potato bed. First try at growing taters, so we'll see... Tater bed. by Tim Reed, on Flickr

Posts: 1338 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Potatoes are easy, taste better.

Growing a garden is the rage right now, mail order supplies if need be.

Some States, like MI, are messing with selling seeds at many stores.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post