SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Alligator River NWR, May 16, 2020
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alligator River NWR, May 16, 2020 Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
My first trip to Alligator River post lock down. Had hoped to see more reptiles. But even slathered in OFF the bloodsucking insects were relentless. I think I'm anemic from all the flies.

Brown Water Snake

American Black Bears
Only saw two this trip, though the roads were covered in scat.

These pics I am really disappointed in. I am thankful I was able to get as close this this big guy as terrain allowed, but the lighting at the time was getting poor. There was a lot of grass that threw off my focus. And I am discovering my lens has a really narrow focal plane at long focal lengths such that mere inches can throw something out of focus. Anyways...

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Nice.

I've been to Alligator River once when I down in the OBX. Didn't see any bears but it's a beautiful place.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
If anyone goes this time of year, either don't get out of your car or wear loose, long sleeve and long pants, and buy a Bee Keepers hat and net from Tractor Supply. The biting inspects were worse than I've ever encountered. Absolutely vicious.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post