SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    1969 Backyard Dune Buggy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1969 Backyard Dune Buggy Login/Join 
posted
Made from a 57 Ford or Chevy I think. My Uncle made it so we could learn how to drive a stick shift. That is me on the passanger side. I was 10. Lucky we were not hurt or killed.....

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is frickin' awesome.

Livin' the dream!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Next older brother had a Karmann Ghia. Don't remember why, but it was parked in Granpa's barn when a tornado came through and dumped the barn on top of it.

We rescued it, but the body was completely trashed. The pan was basically straight so we hacked enough of the body off it to clear the tires and used it the same way. Living on a 120 acre farm, there was plenty of room to get going WAY too fast, even if we stayed on the lanes.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Cool!

Next older brother had a Karmann Ghia. Don't remember why, but it was parked in Granpa's barn when a tornado came through and dumped the barn on top of it.

We rescued it, but the body was completely trashed. The pan was basically straight so we hacked enough of the body off it to clear the tires and used it the same way. Living on a 120 acre farm, there was plenty of room to get going WAY too fast, even if we stayed on the lanes.

my oldest Uncle likes Mod A's ,
he had a few as parts donors while restoring the one he still has,

one ended up being a radiator, drivetrain, firewall and floorpan, (as well as the axles etc)

for a bit the seat was a bucket, for the driver, just the floorboards for us

my youngest Uncle would take us for rides on it up and down the farm roads where they lived,

we too, are lucky to be alive,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post